Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Comcast Center, Mansfield, MA - 7/19/13

Default Re: Comcast Center, Mansfield, MA - 7/19/13

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Thanks for the review, Slyja! Glad you had a good time of it!

As for the part I quoted, I don't know for sure what he meant, but I do know that in Atlantic City when Joe and Don passed guitar picks to a woman in the front row right beside us, at the end of the show, security came running and reprimanded both of them and told the woman to move back. There was enough noise that Joe and Don may have missed what the guy said, but I heard it, and Don did give him a nasty look before moving on.
    Ooh, I hadn't heard this story before! A security guy dared to reprimand Don??!!??

We've had some members try to give an Eagle flowers after a show around 2008/2009 and were told they couldn't. Security said they would make sure they got them, but who knows?
    Last edited by Prettymaid; 07-23-2013 at 08:22 PM.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

My wife and I saw the show in the blistering stifling heat. A great show. I think the band has taken some risks and overall it works well. The first set had a Broadway play feel to it; with the minor set ( drop down lights, boxes for each member to sit on and the stories shared by Don and Glen). I would like a more up tempo song to begin the set.
    I also found the lack of any songs from Long Road out of Eden to be curious. It IS part of their history. "How Long" was actually written back in the early 70's by JD Souther; perhaps that song could have been used some how. I really like the title cut from LROE too.
    Anyways, minor issues. Nothing more.

The band played great and really seemed to be enjoying everyone's company and the crowd. I loved Glens line about everyone joining the "Comcast Center weight loss program" and Henley's remark about being "toasty" or is it "toasted"? I have seen The Eagles about 15 times. I had never seen them play with Bernie Leadon ( who was great) and never heard a few of the songs on the setlist. I'll be at one or more of the MSG shows. The camera police were out in force in the first set ( at least in my section) I did manage to get the final three encores with final bows... Here they are ..

I hope you like it, Steve

Here are some photos of the show:
    http://s99.photobucket.com/user/stev..._0009.jpg.html

Here is Take it Easy and Rocky Mountain way ( 2nd and 3rd encores -- RMW is about 3/4 on this link the remainder is on a link you can find on the YT video page
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0rbojQSwVE[/ame]

Here is "Desperado -- full song with bows:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxRAHnWQjwU

I hope you like them. Boston Steve
    Last edited by boston steve; 07-23-2013 at 06:01 PM.

Welcome BS, and thanks so much for the review and video. Nice close ups!!! I like how Don gives a little smile when he sings, "you ain't gettin' no younger". Perhaps thinking ahead to his birthday today?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I think it's a pretty standard rule at these shows that you DO NOT TOUCH THEM & they don't touch you. It's for security purposes. If anyone tries to get too close to the stage or touch the guys....security comes running over to stop it. Remember that security is there for the protection of the band & not for your protection! I learned that lesson personally!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I think it's a pretty standard rule at these shows that you DO NOT TOUCH THEM & they don't touch you. It's for security purposes. If anyone tries to get too close to the stage or touch the guys....security comes running over to stop it. Remember that security is there for the protection of the band & not for your protection! I learned that lesson personally!
    They must make occasional exceptions for solo shows, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    FP. I think it may depend on the venue, but most are pretty strict about it here in the US. I'm not sure if you are talking about US or Sydney, but that is the normal procedure. Some security guards are stricter than others, so it's risky because one of these guys can really come after you if you make a move toward them. I've seen it.

FP, I was thinking of you (& Glenn) when I read that!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    FP. I think it may depend on the venue, but most are pretty strict about it here in the US. I'm not sure if you are talking about US or Sydney, but that is the normal procedure. Some security guards are stricter than others, so it's risky because one of these guys can really come after you if you make a move toward them. I've seen it.
    I was talking about the experience I had in Brisbane in February.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

They do indeed FP, but its on their terms. I'm so glad for you that you experienced such an exception!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I did notice that Timothy was greeting people, and maybe handing out guitar picks, on the way out after Desperado. He was the only one though. From where I stood, he almost looked apologetic about it, like he thought he was going to get in trouble or something. He was pretty quick about it.