Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Comcast Center, Mansfield, MA - 7/19/13

Default Re: Comcast Center, Mansfield, MA - 7/19/13

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I felt exactly like you did about the "Desperado" portion of the show. I was able to hold back the tears, but I definitely choked up. I think the emotion came because I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I would ever see those songs performed, especially with the same backdrop they used in the 70's. Talk about taking us back in time ... WOW!
    That was the same backdrop as the 70's?! Really?! I had no idea. It was gorgeous, with the stark plains for DD, the sunrise for TS and the movie for DDDR. Probably a good thing I didn't know the connection. I was a basket case as it was!

I didn't realize that either!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Don did not play lead on ICTYW. Here is a direct quote from Don.

“Glenn Frey played the original solo on the record. I played it live for all the shows, on the Eagles Live album, and on the Hell Freezes Over CD and DVD.”
    Here is the link:

http://www.felderfans.com/index.php/...-q-a-with-don/

Although it does sound very Felderesque, it's not him. Maybe Don's style rubbed off on Glenn, who knows. I assume Glenn used his cherry red ES Gibson on this, since it has always been played with a 335 since. I also read in Felder's book something along the lines of "I'm going to have fun coming up with my guitar part for this". But it never happened.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Thank you for clearing that up for everyone, WF. Knew we could count on you...

I don't know anything about guitars, but I do know the Eagles like to keep things consistent, and I have to say that in watching all of the ICTYW videos from this tour, Steuart's guitar solo is mere shadow of the original. This pronouncement may be not fair since I shouldn't judge based on Youtube video quality, but it does seem like there is room to get "closer" to the original tone/sound/sexiness. Maybe he is trying to make it his own and not a karaoke version of Glenn's/Felder's sound, but I wish he would try to imitate it a little more...I love that part when TBS walks over to him, so I really pay attention to the solo, and it sounds so shallow and emotionless. Maybe when I'm there in person it will sound more like what I'm hoping for! [Like, two years from now when they play in CA haha] If I am wrong here and those who have been to the shows say it sounds great and just like the original, I will believe you and look forward to it!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I was at the Clearwater show, in the front row on the right, and less than fifteen feet from the woman he greeted after the show with a mere peck. There was no tongue kissing and it went rather quickly and sweetly. I'm not sure why you would insist otherwise, but I'm sure Soda and Dreamer will back me up on this. It is possible that you saw more than we did from wherever you were further back, however since you also insist that Glenn didn't do the guitar lead on the recording of ICTYW I have to admit your credibility in my eyes is somewhat lacking. Since I was mere feet from the 'making out' incident, I felt I needed to set the record straight for other fans who may be wondering.

Thank you, WF for clearing up the issue with the lead on ICTYW, I was far too tired to hunt up the interview with Felder last night.

Lastly, as moderator of this thread, I suppose I ought to request that we all get back to the thread topic, which is about another great performance by our guys.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Thanks VA for trying to put a stop to the nonsense but why bother with someone like this. I'm trying to figure out why ANY of us here are wasting our time trying to reason with someone who so obviously doesn't want to be reasonable or friendly, etc.... Some people just like to stir trouble and it's pretty obvious when someone comes on and immediately starts arguments, that that is exactly what they want to do. There's a huge difference between someone who wants to discuss respectfully and intelligently and someone who just wants to be a troublemaker and none of us true fans need to be brought into that kind of nonsense.

Windeagle---- Your heartfelt review and post of your experience had me almost in tears. You can just feel what this meant to you. I'm so glad you finally got to do this and had such a wonderful time.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Glenn wasn't married in 1989.

He divorced his first wife in 1986 and married Cindy in 1990.
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Mine is Jimmy Page but that's a whole different subject and thread.

I wish to bid you farewell right now because you won't be here long. Word of advice before you go, in your spare time, familiarize yourself with your computer keyboard. They have cap keys, punctuation keys, spell check, etc... And before starting trouble in another forum in the cyber world you feel so comfortable in criticizing and starting trouble in, learn the correct names and spellings of the band members you wish to criticize. It's GLENN Frey and Don HENLEY.

And you wish to call the people here clueless?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

hmm, something stinks around here! Time to do a little house cleaning...

I'm banning the troll and deleting his posts. Those who have replied to him: feel free to modify or delete your posts, since the originals aren't there anymore.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Good call Soda! This troll was just too poisonous.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP