Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Center, Washington DC 7/22/13

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Verizon Center, Washington DC 7/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Wow. Those women get around.

Thanks for the review.
    They do! I thought I was doing well! Thanks for the review VA!

Nancy! Love your pics! I see Glenn changed shirt during the show!

Austin thanks for all the videos you have posted. I will enjoy watching them ALL this evening!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

va great review..glad you had a great time
    and. I love what you said about saturday nite....i cant get that song or train out of my head....beautiful songs.... great review .....fab concet

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    At some point during the evening when Glenn was talking about the early days, he mentioned (as he did back in July of '0 about performing/getting their start at the Cellar Door in Georgetown. I wish I could remember the things he said and maybe PFD can shed some light as the hotel he mentioned in Georgetown is unfamiliar to me. I assume by the crowd reaction it wasn't a very nice hotel, and he got some sympathy for having to stay there.
    The Cellar Door was on the corner of 34th and M. It was a restaurant for the past decade or so but is currently empty.

The Georgetown Inn is still there on Wisconsin Ave between N and O. Pretty expensive place now. Not sure what it was like back then but from what I've read it was still decent.
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Thank you VA for the great review and Austin for all the videos! It will be fun to relive the concert (as long as the videos are still up when I get home from work that is).
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I'm rather fond of that first picture Soda posted!!

Thanks again, Austin, for your diligence in hunting down and posting the videos. Haven't watched all but will get back and try to watch as many as I can.

VA, great review and thank you for giving it to us.

I must say how wonderful I think it is that Glenn acknowledges those women from Austria. They must be very special to him. Did they happen to say how long they've been traveling to see him and or Eagles and how many shows they've seen? Just curious.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I love it when everybody puts their personal thoughts into their reviews! Yours was great, VA. I know what you mean by Saturday Night not being a fave but still you loved hearing it. That's the way I felt, too. Heck, I was hoping they'd go deep (tracks), even if some songs weren't my favorites, and I was so happy with the show.

Before the tour started we talked about the guys getting looser as the tour went on and it sounds like that is exactly what's happening. I have no regrets about going to Louisville to see the first show, but I'm also looking forward to seeing them in October.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

VA will have to answer about what they said, but they seem to go to great lengths to ensure they are noticed. I have seen this happen twice now. At the risk of being 'snarky' what happened to me was completely unexpected & therefore I would say more meaningful. I have no idea what point these women are trying to prove.
    They looked familiar so I know they've been to at least one other show I've been at, but I have to say I wonder about your remark. All they did that I saw was sit in the front row, dead center, which is something I myself do quite frequently. Considering the cost of front row, I suppose that could be considered 'great lengths', but now I have to wonder what others must think of me, and if they think I'm trying to prove a point.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

VA will have to answer about what they said, but they seem to go to great lengths to ensure they are noticed. I have seen this happen twice now. At the risk of being 'snarky' what happened to me was completely unexpected & therefore I would say more meaningful. I have no idea what point these women are trying to prove.
    Really? How so? Even more than me jumping up and down & yelling, "Timothy!! Timothy!! Look at me!"? I'm kidding, of course.... kind of.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I must say how wonderful I think it is that Glenn acknowledges those women from Austria. They must be very special to him. Did they happen to say how long they've been traveling to see him and or Eagles and how many shows they've seen? Just curious.
    They didn't say and I didn't ask!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I try to refrain from judging the concert-going habits of others - people might look at any of us and say that our efforts to see the guys are 'extreme'. Unless the women were being obnoxious and rude (which it doesn't sound like they were, at all) I say good for them! Glenn obviously appreciates their dedication, as he appreciated Julie's in Brisbane.

I won't lie; if I travel miles to see a concert and pay big bucks to sit in the front row, I want to be noticed, too. It doesn't mean I'll jump and scream or wave around a massive sign... but being noticed and getting some recognition is part of the fun. Those women are not doing any harm and I struggle to find any 'point' they could be trying to prove. It seems a bit of an odd comment to make.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--