Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh, PA 7/23/13

Default Re: Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh, PA 7/23/13

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I want to hear how "totally obstructed" a row B seat has to be to give it up.
    Yes, me too!

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I want to hear how "totally obstructed" a row B seat has to be to give it up.
    dont they have to tell you its an obstructed view seat when they sell it???

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Better than 2nd row center!!??!! Can't wait to hear!

I find that hard to believe!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I guess I should be more clear! The seat wasn't better than second row center, the show was better than Monday night.

They have these curtained 'control centers'. I don't know what they're called, but people sit at electronic panels. For Seger they were under the stage in NY. These were to the side of the stage and higher than the stage, so first three or four rows, ALL you saw were these big black curtained things.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Apparently I'm going to have to do this in bits and pieces as I have time and remember things. I'll start with the end as they did their final waves... Glenn handed picks to various security people along the front to give out to people. I've never seen him do that before! Someone waved a drum stick and Don asked for it and the pen and autographed it from stage and handed it back to the security person. Then went to the drumset and got two drumsticks and handed them to the same person. I couldn't see who got them after the security dude.

To the very beginning, as we waited and after the seat fiasco, my sister says to me, "So I know who Glenn Frey is, but he's the only one I know. What are the names of the others and what do they do?" I know my mouth dropped open. She sang along nearly word for word to every song except two or three. She knows the Long Run album forward and backward (because I blasted it three or four times a day when I lived at home). Yet she was clueless about who was in the band. At the very end, she said she can see why I go to so many concerts and why I don't mind hearing the same songs over and over. The people on the other side of her said they could understand it as well, they were completely blown away. My sister said she enjoyed it a lot more than she'd thought she would.

My nephews had considered taking the extra tickets, but one wasn't feeling good. They're into hiphop and weren't terribly excited about 'seeing old dudes who sing country and rock.' They watched some YouTube videos while we were gone and the youngest (13) kept texting us wanting to know if they were singing certain songs. They both said, "Hey, these guys are actually pretty good." At least I've now found a home for all the Eagles tshirts that I get at all the VIP events that are still in the original plastic, they want the shirts. I feel this is a very positive thing in their musical development!!!
    VK

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

All right VA! Sounds like a great time was had by ALL! I'm so glad that your sister enjoyed herself, I knew you would. And too cute about your nephews. I bet they will not turn down tickets to another Eagles concert!

Can't wait to hear more! Sounds like our guys are loosening up as the tour goes on.

VA, I knew you meant the show was better than the night before, but I just couldn't believe you would see it that way after having 2nd row center. One better thing - you were with your sister! Can't wait to hear more about how it was better!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

The music and vocals were just as good, but the guys were more loose and interacted with the audience more, or so it felt. Sitting in the front, it's hard to pick up on the rest of crowd. More jokes (Plaintiff was back), more dialogue, more smiles. Joe talked about the James Gang playing at the old Syria Mosque. Glenn mentioned opening for a group (Procol Harum?? I can't remember which group...) in Pittsburgh in 1973. He made references to Western PA as well as Pittsburgh a couple of times. The downside was that it felt a lot different not to get any good eye contact or smiles from the guys. My sister asked why we didn't get seats in the second row and I almost smacked her!
    VK

I agree the guys seemed looser and were having more fun than in Louisville...was great to see...I was in the 10th row in front of Timothy....was awesome...VA...I looked for you but didn't find you...my friend Donna loved it...and no camera or video nazis anywhere in sight!!!

I'm glad you had a good time, VA, despite the seating issues! I love hearing that the guys were relaxed and in good spirits, and I am SO envious of the person that got the signed drumsticks... but how cool of him to do that. Love reading all of these tidbits!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--