Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello from Brooklyn

Default Re: Hello from Brooklyn

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    It must be something to do with names. When Laura was very small several people gave her a lovely book called 'Lauras Star'. She has also been given several of the 'Little House' series of books where the central character is 'Laura'.
    When I was 8, I was given the first of the "Nancy Drew" series. By the time I was in middle school I had read over 100 of them. I partially credit it for my love of reading. Books with the child's name works for me!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by ktdids View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I was just a kid when I first heard the band on the radio, got their Greatest hits albums when CD's first came out, clueless about their breakup, liked Don and Glenn's solo stuff but not fanatically, it was the 80's and I was in school, life went on, got older listened to "popular" radio less and less, heard about the reunification of the band but didn't go to see them, heard about the documentary, watched it I guess out of general curiosity, was surprised by a few things they talked about, and then got seduced by Don Henley's voice.
    Now here I am, waiting for November 8 and 9 to come around so that I can see them at Madison Square Garden.
    What's next?!
    welcome to the Border ktdids! I was just like you, a kid when they broke up in 1980, always listening to their songs/cds, busy with other things in 1994 when ' hell froze over ", missing other tours as I raised my young children, watching the documentary on Showtime and telling myself that if a tour comes out of this documentary, I'm going. I just saw my first Eagles show on July 25, but It felt right, like I had seen them before. I'm also going to see them at Madison square garden. can hardly wait! I too, and seduced by Don's voice

so often times it happens that we live our life in chains and we never even know we have the key.

Welcome ktdids! What a cool name! Yep, this is the best place to get your 'Eagle on'. I've found that it's hard to find a lot of places where I can go a bit nuts about these guys without boring everyone else in the process. Not a lot of my friends are into the Eagles.