Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethel Woods, Bethel, New York - 7/25/2013

Default Bethel Woods, Bethel, New York - 7/25/2013

My first show ever. What can I say? totally incredible. I had tears in my eyes during most of the set, I was in awe.

I cannot give good descriptive details, I am really bad at doing detailed reviews. Can't wait for the Madison square garden shows!

I will say that was my first and last time going to Bethel Woods. horrendous trying to get out of there , show ended 11pm, took an hr to find car, another 2 hrs to get off venue property/main road home. then 2 hr drive home. Henley Honey did it right and stayed at a hotel!

I had to remember which bale of hay I was parked near

so often times it happens that we live our life in chains and we never even know we have the key.

Default Re: Bethel Woods, Bethel, New York - 7/25/2013

Quote Originally Posted by desperado View Post
    My first show ever. What can I say? totally incredible. I had tears in my eyes during most of the set, I was in awe.

I cannot give good descriptive details, I am really bad at doing detailed reviews. Can't wait for the Madison square garden shows!

I will say that was my first and last time going to Bethel Woods. horrendous trying to get out of there , show ended 11pm, took an hr to find car, another 2 hrs to get off venue property/main road home. then 2 hr drive home. Henley Honey did it right and stayed at a hotel!

I had to remember which bale of hay I was parked near
    Too bad about the parking/exiting. Did it feel like the original Woodstock? Lol! Just kidding. At least the show was worth it (I hope).
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Too bad about the parking/exiting. Did it feel like the original Woodstock? Lol! Just kidding. At least the show was worth it (I hope).

the location of the venue is supposed to be the site of Woodstock. beautiful venue, would have liked to arrive a lot earlier to explore.
    definitely worth seeing the Eagles last night! they still have their magic!

I wouldn't go up there again to see any artist. but i'm glad I got to see my first eagles show!

so often times it happens that we live our life in chains and we never even know we have the key.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I knew you'd like it!!! Glad you had a good time in spite of the traffic.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

I'm so glad that you had a great time at the concert!!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks desperado! I'm glad you enjoyed the show despite the traffic! That doesn't sound fun at all!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Congratulations on seeing your first show. It's an incredible experience, isn't it?

Thanks Maddi! it was so much fun

In a fit of what I can only call Eagles induced mania after last week's show, I bought Maddi's extra ticket yesterday and joined her and her friends for the show. Again, what a great experience by the guys. I loved seeing the show again, and could anticipate and savor details and catch things I missed the first time.

Lots of wonderful moments, but I must say that I love Joe 10x more for the shirt he wore. It said "What Would Levon Do???" What a nice touch for him to wear it in Bethel.

Thanks so much to Maddi for the ride! Being car-less has its challenges sometimes. And agree about the venue. I'll never see another show there, unless I'm staying overnight and have a post concert tailgate. It was worse than Great Woods in MA, which held my previous crown for being the most nightmarish place to get out of.

That said , it was all worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post
    Congratulations on seeing your first show. It's an incredible experience, isn't it?
    words cannot describe how incredible they are after all these years, what they've been through as a band, the demands on the Eagles to top "Hotel California", like said, I had tears in my eyes during most of both sets!

Had a great time meeting Erin (NYCFan), it was definitely a great time, and some adventure home . we do learn from experience though, such as life!

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Fan View Post
    Thanks Maddi! it was so much fun

In a fit of what I can only call Eagles induced mania after last week's show, I bought Maddi's extra ticket yesterday and joined her and her friends for the show. Again, what a great experience by the guys. I loved seeing the show again, and could anticipate and savor details and catch things I missed the first time.

Lots of wonderful moments, but I must say that I love Joe 10x more for the shirt he wore. It said "What Would Levon Do???" What a nice touch for him to wear it in Bethel.

Thanks so much to Maddi for the ride! Being car-less has its challenges sometimes. And agree about the venue. I'll never see another show there, unless I'm staying overnight and have a post concert tailgate. It was worse than Great Woods in MA, which held my previous crown for being the most nightmarish place to get out of.

That said , it was all worth it!
    I am so glad you were able to go, and enjoyed the show, and the adventure! Please, next time can you at least remember which hay pile we parked near?