Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethel Woods, Bethel, New York - 7/25/2013

Default Re: Bethel Woods, Bethel, New York - 7/25/2013

Thanks for the review, guys! I'm glad to hear you had such a great time... although I knew you would!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by desperado View Post
    I am so glad you were able to go, and enjoyed the show, and the adventure! Please, next time can you at least remember which hay pile we parked near?
    LOL

In my defense, I did realize that we had gone wrong when we got to the barn and silo! I knew I would have remembered that

Green Acres is the place for me... Don and Glenn, I love you, but give me MSG!

Do you just adore a penthouse view?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'm glad you enjoyed the show. I was thinking that place would be a difficult ride home, & it would probably be well worth it to stay overnight & enjoy the country the next day! It was a rather chilly evening here in NYC, so I imagine it was pretty cool there last night!
    Please when you have a chance give more details & post any photos & or videos from the show!

I'm so glad you had a great time! I would love to go to the site of Woodstock... preferably in a time machine.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

What a great night!! Despite the horrific parking lot situation, I had a wonderful evening. They seemed so much more relaxed than they were in Louisville. I guess now that they've got a few shows of the new tour under their belts, they can loosen up and have some fun. Surprisingly, I even enjoyed JD tonight!

Some cute moments . . . . .

Before beginning Saturday Night, Don turned to Glenn and said -- It's evident we didn't discuss what we'd be wearing tonight. Everyone busted out laughing because they were both wearing plaid shirts over T's. Bobsey twins in plaid. Too cute.

Glenn was having a hard time with either allergies or the sniffles because at one point he said: "I haven't been this stuffed up since Miami in 1975".

When they were taking their bows, Don put Joe in a playful headlock and pretended to punch him in the head a couple of times. He kept Joe bent over and when Don relented, Joe came up red in the face and laughing. It was a really cute and funny moment.

Joe really was "on" and for me, that makes an enormous difference in ratcheting up my enjoyment level. He was silly and serious at the same time and played his ass off.

They made an announcement at the pre-show party that pictures without flash would be permitted. Hubby took a few shots, but I haven't had time to load them to photobucket yet. I had to work today to pay for my next fan-whore excursion to Seattle.

As to Glenn's generosity to fans, he had security give picks to select people in the front row. I saw one of the women in the ladies room after the show and I asked if she knew him or had some sort of connection to the band and she said no. She was thrilled that he had chosen to give her one and because of her giddy reaction I was thrilled for her. She was tickled pink.

I knew the parking situation would be bad, but I had no idea it would be THAT bad. We got to our car (next the 3rd bale of hay) at about 11:30.
    Our hotel was 9 miles away and we got there at 1:30. My husband -- who is soooooo not a rule breaker (that would be me) finally ended up driving through some yellow police tape to create our own exit after waiting for over an hour to move three feet. I welcomed him to the rule-breaking dark side. It was an exercise in frustration but not enough to ruin the night for us. We just blasted a few Eagles CD's and exited slowly with the masses. It was an awesome show and I love those guys to death!

Thanks HH. I love those kinds of details. The part where Don had Joe in a headlock had me LOL.

As for the traffic getting out, maybe Bethel wanted to see if they could duplicate their 3 days of peace and music!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Do you just adore a penthouse view?
    I do!

The "country" and I are not too compatible. I actually DO get allergic smelling hay!

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Thanks HH. I love those kinds of details. The part where Don had Joe in a headlock had me LOL.

As for the traffic getting out, maybe Bethel wanted to see if they could duplicate their 3 days of peace and music!
    It was more like 3 hours of horn honking and fender benders. I can state -- without reservation -- I would NOT have made it at Woodstock. I would have hitched a ride back to civilization and a shower. P. U.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Fan View Post
    I do!

The "country" and I are not too compatible. I actually DO get allergic smelling hay!

I'm sorry we didn't have time to hook up but we will definitely meet in NYC in November. Maddi was texting me and I was very relieved that you got there in time for the show!