Thread: Question in "Try and Love Again"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Question on "Try and Love Again"

I have to say, I think "Try and Love Again" is my favorite Eagles song. Before I ever really had a sense of who the Eagles were and what they stood for musical history, I recall hearing it as a "deep cut" on the local classic rock station, and it was one of the first songs I bought off Rhapsody as a kid, before iTunes. For YEARS, it was the only Eagles' song I owned on my iPod. The structure of it just blows me away. I just love Randy's passion when signing it, and all the harmonies are so lush.

So two questions---one, did they ever perform it live, during Randy years? (If so, any existing performances to watch/hear, besides Randy's solo version of it in YT?)

Number two, during the main verses, is it Don or is it Glenn doing harmony with Randy? I always thought Don, but now I'm not so sure, the more I hear the guys singing other songs together...? And at the end (okay, so it was three questions!!) the "Gonna try, gonna try, gonna try..."--is that Randy and Don, or just Don and Glenn?
    Last edited by AEW21; 07-30-2013 at 11:41 PM.