Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Question in "Try and Love Again"

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Question in "Try and Love Again"

I'm going to take a listen with the Bose headphones!

I love this song.

I shall report back.

ETA: The other Eagles' voices only appear on the "oh"s and "gonna try and love" at 2:13. Otherwise, it's all Randy on Randy.

Randy is really singing his head off here. It may not have sounded as good live, maybe Scottside remembers what he thought of the performance?
    Last edited by MaryCalifornia; 02-08-2016 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    As stated earlier in the thread you can hear Glenn clearly sing the word 'oh' before the title is sung.

I don't understand why if you have such great harmony singers they wouldn't be used. It has always sounded like Don & Glenn to me.
    I think the same thing; Glenn does sing a part of the harmony and I think Don too. Maybe they dubbed their voices a bit so it sounds a bit different.
    It’s one of the best tracks on HC, Randy’s voice does sound wonderful. Last week I played it while driving home and I was singing with Randy as loudly as possible

"When you got no life to lose. Well, there's nothin' left to gain"

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

I love this song so much as well!! One of my favvie Randy tracks!! Love his voice on it

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Necrothread alert!

TALA has always been my favourite song on HC. Yes, including HC itself. It's a pity it wasn't released as a single. Perhaps that would have put the spotlight more on Randy, which he may not have appreciated.

I never knew who did the solo, which I always thought is great. Interesting to see that Glenn did it. I think I've heard that some of Don F's solos were helped along by Glenn telling him (vocally) what he might play.

I'm Pretty sure Randy sings most of the backing vocals on the verses

It's a great song, apparently they played at the filmed Washington D.C. show?

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglesfanmanchester View Post
    I'm Pretty sure Randy sings most of the backing vocals on the verses

It's a great song, apparently they played at the filmed Washington D.C. show?
    Apparently they did,it’s a shame we will probably never see it. I’d kill to see them do that song live

I would too, I love this song. I would think they didn't do this live much, given Randy's departure from the band soon after.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I would too, I love this song. I would think they didn't do this live much, given Randy's departure from the band soon after.
    Groupie, from what I read Randy sang TALA during the HC tour. Glenn had stated they were going to release the song as the next single but Randy quit and sadly, it was never released. It is a beautiful song.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Groupie, from what I read Randy sang TALA during the HC tour. Glenn had stated they were going to release the song as the next single but Randy quit and sadly, it was never released. It is a beautiful song.
    As was stated earlier in the thread it was played early in the tour & then dropped.

Out on the Border

I put “Try” on a playlist for my daughter years ago and have always felt that the song was underrated. For what it’s worth, the harmonies are ethereal, just beautiful. The intricacies of the guitars, the back and forth I’m sure would have been hard to reproduce live but it’s one of my all-time Eagles favorites!