Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: History of the Eagles Live Disc Song Survivor Game

Default Re: History of the Eagles Live Disc Song Survivor Game

Take it To The Limit

for the win!

Out on the Border

I vote for Take it to the Limit for the win. This may be my favorite Eagles song overall, and this performance just highlights it perfectly.

I think both performances are spectacular. I knew these would be the final two to choose from, and have been thinking about which performance I'd eventually choose. I took one last look to make my final decision. I love everything about Randy's performance, and the vocals are amazing. It is truly an incredible moment.

But in terms of the whole band and the audience being engaged, and just the sheer energy and joy of the moment, I have to vote for Take it Easy to win. I just loved it. They are having so much fun, and that's what did it for me.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Because it's the TIE vs HC as a signature song thing... HC is for me their quintessential band song, obviously not some for others but I have trouble voting for TIE because it was the Hotel California tour and HC should have won. Just the way I process things. I can't really explain it any better than that. I like to match things, and HC on HC tour, etc... NKIT would have got my vote, but seeing it isn't here I had to vote for my 2nd remaining favorite.
    HC should have won in your opinion.

Just because it was the HC tour does not automatically mean that HC had to be the best performed song. And the same would have applied to NKIT in this game if it had survived until the end. It did not have any intrinsic superiority just because this was the first tour it was performed on. Sorry, but I can't relate to that at all, just as I can't seem to relate to many things these days.
    Last edited by Freypower; 08-12-2013 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    HC should have won in your opinion.

Perhaps, but it is widely accepted as their best song, so I'm not alone in that. I honestly don't believe they would be as big as they are now without it.

Just because it was the HC tour does not automatically mean that HC had to be the best performed song. And the same would have applied to NKIT in this game if it had survived until the end. It did not have any intrinsic superiority just because this was the first tour it was performed on. Sorry, but I can't relate to that at all, just as I can't seem to relate to many things these days.

To each his/her own.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

I apologise for the above deletion in my previous post which I have now restored, but I will say something I have said before, which is that regardless of how legendary etc etc Hotel California is, it is not compulsory for it to be anyone's favourite Eagles song.

Out on the Border

Sorry randy/take it to the limit love you but take it easy for the win my fave ever performance of this song

Out on the Border

I apologise for the above deletion in my previous post which I have now restored, but I will say something I have said before, which is that regardless of how legendary etc etc Hotel California is, it is not compulsory for it to be anyone's favourite Eagles song.
    couldnt have put that better myself it gets me that so many people assume that since a song is a bands signature song as is the case with hotel california that it is automatically their best song, as famous legendary and incredible as hotel california is it isnt even my fave song on the album for me thats life in the fast lane

For me, I go for the hits 9 times out of 10 when I listen to an artist's material... I love classic rock radio and I go for the hits. They are the ones I remember and the ones I love.

If I like a song, I'll never tire of hearing it. Such is the case with HC among many others. I could play it 24/7/365, and honestly still crave to hear it. It's just the way I'm wired.

Again, as I said before - to each his own.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Agree completely. Just as I don't think Take it Easy has to be anyone's favorite song, just because I happen to think of it as the quintessential Eagles song.

It's funny: maybe it's because I'm old and I actually remember when Hotel California came out and it was a new song; but in my mind, I think of Take it Easy as being their signature song. It may not be my absolute favorite, but it's "The" Eagles song that I would name when I think of their sound.

And that's why Baskin Robbins has so many flavors...