Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: History of the Eagles Live Disc Song Survivor Game

Default Re: History of the Eagles Live Disc Song Survivor Game

One of These Nights

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I watched the Top 3 songs again, and much as I love this performance, I have to vote for TAKE IT EASY

This song is mainly written by Jackson Browne & although Glenn wrote one line of it, I guess I credit most of the song to Jackson.
    It just doesn't get to me as much as the other 2 songs.

You are entitled to your views, but I would have thought that a lot of people would regard this as one of the band's two most famous songs. So much for your earlier praise of this performance of it (page 5).

Glenn wrote more than one line. He wrote 'it's a girl my Lord/in a flat bed Ford/slowin' down to take a look at me', as far as I am aware. But he has been singing it, and has made it his own, since 1972. Does that not count?

If people are now going to vote off Take It Easy, go ahead. It doesn't change how I feel about it.
    Last edited by Freypower; 08-11-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I just think it's time for Take It Easy to GO. I do like the performance of OOTN better, it's just my preference. I won't try to change anyone's mind. We all have our favorites for whatever reasons.
    +1.. TIE is a signature song, but I prefer and feel HC is better as a song and the performance on the disc. Between TIE and OOTN, OOTN gets my vote.

Out on the Border

Decision finally made and it was a VERY tough one and I hate doing it because I love this song and its sort of like having to choose between fave kids but for the same reasons I voted off hotel california I'm gonna say take it easy

I've already voted, but I wanted to get a chance to write about Take It Easy. I was mesmerized by this performance because of the general feel-good vibe coming from everyone on the stage, and the specific interaction that Glenn has with the audience. More so than any other performance on the disc, the cameraman shows the audience, and boy, are they getting into it. Do they know that in just a few minutes a lucky few of them are going to be given a 3E button?

I haven't watched very many old performances by the Eagles. All I knew was the way they perform now. I was blown away by the energy coming off that stage, specifically by Glenn. I've never seen him move like he does, smile as much as he does, and be such a powerful presence on stage. My eyes were glued to him during TIE, and his eyes stayed open! When he sings, "so open up, I'm climbing in", he gives a little head shake, and when he sings, "I gotta know if your sweet love is going to save me", he points and smiles toward some lucky soul in the audience, and at that moment every woman wants to be on the receiving end of that!

Finally, when Glenn starts dancing during Joe's solo, I totally lose it.
    Shake it, bake it, take it easy! Whew!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    You are entitled to your views, but I would have thought that a lot of people would regard this as one of the band's two most famous songs. So much for your earlier praise of this performance of it (page 5).

Glenn wrote more than one line. He wrote 'it's a girl my Lord/in a flat bed Ford/slowin' down to take a look at me', as far as I am aware. But he has been singing it, and has made it his own, since 1972. Does that not count?

If people are now going to vote off Take It Easy, go ahead. It doesn't change how I feel about it.
    It's funny you should actually point out TK's critique of TIE on page 5 (thanks for actually feeling like you had to hunt all the way back there and give the page so I could bring it forward here) because, ironically, it was that critique where she pointed out a couple specifics that made me pay more attention while rewatching the last 4 songs and is the reason I voted last round for OOTN instead of TIE.

Here is what she said that really made me take notice....
    Quote Originally Posted by Topkat
    OK, this morning I watched the concert again, & studied the performances carefully....I have rated them all an 8, 9, & 10.

One song I'm going to mention here is one that is really not one of my favorite Eagle songs, but the performance in this show was just wonderful, and that is Take It Easy!!! I just love when a singer gives a smile during a slight break in the vocal & Glenn does that here. It shows how much he is enjoying the song & it's very endearing. Also I see smiles on Don Felder & a wink from Joe. The audience is totally rocking out & the band is lovin' it. This is what I love to see in a performance. They just all seem so happy together & unified up there!! Ahhh....the good ol' days!!!
    I have to say that this is one of my favorites in the show. As I said, this isn't really one of my favorite songs, but I have to give props to this performance!
    And to be fair, I don't think she's changed her praises of TIE, she does say in this round yesterday ...

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat
    I watched the Top 3 songs again, and much as I love this performance, I have to vote for TAKE IT EASY
    Something has to go and we're getting down to best of the best now.

I think it's time for One Of These Nights to go.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Take It Easy again
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

I missed voting last time thanks to a blown modem. It's good to be back but oh my gosh, NKIT got voted off?!!!! At least I know I couldn't have saved it.

Still...sadness!

Without further ado....

I cast my vote for One of These Nights.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

one of these nights

I don't feel it's necessary for me to defend any of my comments or any votes. I have praised many of the performances in this show, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I want them to WIN Survivor!

The reality is we are getting to the END & for all you last minute & stratigic voters out there. I'm going to make one last comment.

It looks like TITTL is going to make the finals, (that is unless you can get 10 people to vote it off by 8pm) The bottom line is if you want TITTL to WIN, you need to vote off TIE, because OOTN will have little chance to win it all given the amount of votes it has received.
    In Survivor, you want to take a weaker player to the end, not a strong one.

Not much has been said about TITTL, & it has received a few votes, but no comments, so I am going to say something about Randy & this perfprmance, because I feel that Randy is putting his guts into this song & dellivers one of the best vocals I have ever heard. Eyes closed & totally in the "zone" on this song, I have to give it to Randy for the best vocal in this entire show. I am not even a huge fan of Randy, as most of you know that I adore Timothy, but don't ignore the bass player, because he is one fine singer!! So if any of you agree that TITTL should WIN this game, I urge you to vote off TIE.

As much as I adore the TIE performance, it is the encore, so it is getting a lot of audience feedback, & the Eagles first hit. I have to give it to Randy in this competition!