Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: History of the Eagles Live Disc Song Survivor Game

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: History of the Eagles Live Disc Song Survivor Game

I agree with all the above & vote for Take It Easy to win.

Take It To The Limit for the freaking win!

In my crazy mind, it seems odd to vote for TIE when it was the Hotel California tour.... But that's just me. I don't get what's so special about this particular performance.

That said, TITTL gives me chills. Randy deserves to win this.

Border Troubadour

I vote for Take It to the Limit to win.

I don't wish to upset any Glenn, Don H. or TBS fans on here but for me by a country mile Randy has been the best vocalist the Eagles have ever had. He is absolutely on the ball in this performance and when he nails that long note at the end to hear the crowd scream and see the huge smile on his face is just spectacular. The electric guitar part from Felder is absolutely spot on too - not too dominant, but not hidden away either. At the end of the song Glenn looks like he's having the time of his life too, never mind Randy or the audience. It is as close to perfection as I think I've ever seen in an Eagles song.

I vote for 'Take it to the limit'.

To be fair, the audience was not shown through most of the concert, only during Take It Easy, but I am willing to bet that the audience was held SPELLBOUND by Randy's performance...It's a completely different type of song.
    Take it Easy was the encore, as far as I can tell, so yes the audience will be pumped up~

I can only say that when I watched the DVD, and this song came on... I literally stopped DEAD in my tracks to watch him, & HE DELIVERED!! It's no wonder that Glenn insisted that Randy do this song even when he didn't feel like it!! It's a show stopper!

To me this is the BEST VOCAL of the night....All the songs were of high quality, but you don't get to see a performance like Randy's these days & we never will again. Randy was what I called "in the zone" where he was totally taken into the song & brought out the real meaning of the song, because it is not about the credit cards, which became sort of a joke later on in the concerts...

The entire band is into it as well. I do believe that they are all totally into the song, as seen in their back up vocals...Glenn is smiling widely & I love him on that baby grand piano!!!

TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT for the WIN!

Dreamer, I agree with you. Synergy between the artist and the audience is an integral part of a live performance, and if the artist can carry that feeling over to an audience watching the performance on DVD - well, that's quite a feat.

That's why I'm voting for Take It to the Limit for the win.

I'll admit, it was difficult choice. What made it even more difficult was how different these two performances are from each other. On the one hand, there is the high-energy Take It Easy, a feel good performance that showcases Glenn's assets (sorry, had to go there ) and the rest of the band's talents as well. On the other hand there's the controlled, measured performance of Randy's Take It to the Limit.

In the end though, it was one thing that tipped the scales for me...Randy's performance gave me goosebumps. Not just the first time, but every single time I've watched it. That's not easy to do. Unlike Dreamer, I did not see Randy struggle. What I was impressed with was the control he had. He holds every note just the right amount of time, and when he hits the long high note at the end he shows us the slightest glimpse of a smile, because he knows he nailed it. Heck, even Glenn acknowledges it with a smile.

So for me, it all came down to goosebumps.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Take It To The Limit for the freaking win!

In my crazy mind, it seems odd to vote for TIE when it was the Hotel California tour.... But that's just me. I don't get what's so special about this particular performance.

That said, TITTL gives me chills. Randy deserves to win this.
    We know how you feel about HC but as it did not make the final two, I fail to understand why it should be any more odd to vote for TIE than it is to vote for TITTL which is not from the HC album either.

Take It To The Limit for the win.
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post

We know how you feel about HC but as it did not make the final two, I fail to understand why it should be any more odd to vote for TIE than it is to vote for TITTL which is not from the HC album either.
    I had the same question there. WF, maybe you can fill us in.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post

Because it's the TIE vs HC as a signature song thing... HC is for me their quintessential band song, obviously not some for others but I have trouble voting for TIE because it was the Hotel California tour and HC should have won. Just the way I process things. I can't really explain it any better than that. I like to match things, and HC on HC tour, etc... NKIT would have got my vote, but seeing it isn't here I had to vote for my 2nd remaining favorite.