Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: History of the Eagles Live Disc Song Survivor Game

Default History of the Eagles Live Disc Song Survivor Game

Time for our next Song Survivor! Our game this time will be History of the Eagles Live Disc Song Survivor. If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview

I'm going to list the songs performed on the History of the Eagles Live Disc here. To clarify, these are the songs that are performed on the third disc from the History of the Eagles set, all from the 1977 Washington DC concert. An interesting twist on this Survivor is that the focus on your assessment isn't just the song, but rather this specific performance of it.

Vote for the one that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The one that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "Voted off of the island.") Each round, one more will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for the one you want to go, not for the one you want to stay.

Note: Do not criticize how/why other people vote. Their reasons are their own and they are free to vote however they like. Also, never attack a fellow poster. You can disagree about a certain song without making it personal. Sometimes these games can get heated, but remember.. it's still just a game.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes cannot be cast after the cut off time of 8:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted.

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

In order to avoid voter fraud, you must be a member for at least two weeks before the start of the game to cast a vote.

Congratulation to the winner of this Survivor Game ...

Take It Easy

Performances Eliminated:
    Rocky Mountain Way 8/02
    The Best of My Love 8/04
    Hotel California 8/06
    Lyin' Eyes 8/08
    New Kid In Town 8/10
    One of These Nights 8/12
    Take It To the Limit 8/14

Thanks for playing.

GAME OVER!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: History of the Eagles Live Disc Song Survivor Game

I hate to do this but...

Lyin' Eyes
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

First, let me say I enjoy ALL the performances on this disc. They were on FIRE and each and every one is fantastic.

However, something's gotta give! So, here goes:

I cast my vote for Rocky Mountain Way.

I like it (as I like them all), but it's not technically an Eagles song, and thus it's expendable to me.

RMW is cool cuz of the extended jam but for me I prefer NKIT any day of the week to LE. Studio or on this disc which proves it for me.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I thought I would be alone on this one. I agree with Soda. I don't consider it a true Eagles song so I vote for Rocky Mountain Way.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    RMW is cool cuz of the extended jam but for me I prefer NKIT any day of the week to LE. Studio or on this disc which proves it for me.
    We are supposed to be voting on the performance rather than the song.

Best Of My Love

That's the idea, but as I said in the opening post, in the end it's up to you to use whatever criteria you want.

I vote for Rocky Mountain Way. I agree with Soda & it is my least favourite by a hair.

Soda, I love your avatar! Let's just say that that part of the, ahem...performance... swayed my vote.

The thing I like about this performance of RMW is that Don harmonizes on it. I also enjoy watching close ups of Joe using his glass slide, and when Glenn gets the crowd going, well, he gets me going too, if you know what I mean.

That being said, have I ever mentioned that I'm not a big fan of RMW? Don't get me wrong; when I see it live I am hootin' and hollerin' with the best of them. But I much prefer Walk Away and In The City to it. And don't take away my I Love Joe button, but I don't really care that much for the talk box portion of the song either. So I guess in my case I am considering both the song and the performance with RMW. I feel a little guilty (just a little) about being one of the few Joe fans on here and voting this one off first, but that's the way it is.

I cast my vote for Rocky Mountain Way.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Rocky .mountain way