Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: History of the Eagles Live Disc Song Survivor Game

Default Re: History of the Eagles Live Disc Song Survivor Game

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    You could join my coalition and go for Take It Easy!! By far my 2nd least favorite on the disc.
    Austin, if you read the thread, you must have seen that I have already praised this performance of Take It Easy, even thought it is NOT one of my favorite Eagles songs.....This game has me really perplexed as to just what people love about a performance! You should have stuck with Lyin' Eyes, which we have been both voting for!
    Now I can't believe that One of These Nights is getting a lot of votes. This is in my Top 3 songs! I just think Don sounds great, the harmonies are magnificent, & the guitar solo....ummm, LOVE IT! It sounds Perfecct to me!
    I just don't under stand the HC vote out so early either...I don't seem to be on the same page with anyone in here!

I am waiting to vote!

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Austin, if you read the thread, you must have seen that I have already praised this performance of Take It Easy, even thought it is NOT one of my favorite Eagles songs.....This game has me really perplexed as to just what people love about a performance! You should have stuck with Lyin' Eyes, which we have been both voting for!

Didn't catch that. I would have voted for LE, but the votes for HC really bothered me and so I decided, perhaps somewhat in revenge, to vote for TIE. Still, it's my 2nd least favorite performance on the disc, so it doesn't matter. I really was disappointed with HC being voted off.

I just don't under stand the HC vote out so early either...I don't seem to be on the same page with anyone in here!

Me neither. But I just don't understand it, especially this early in the game. I cannot fathom why someone would put Lyin' Eyes above Hotel California. Performance OR song. I shouldn't get so worked up, and I've done good so far - I just defend HC like it were my family member.

I am waiting to vote!
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 08-07-2013 at 08:54 PM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Ooh, our first confessed revenge vote of this game! Lol!

Austin, I feel bad that your fave was voted off. For me personally, it was third from the bottom of my list. I just didn't think this particular performance of HC was as good as others I have seen, and most of the other performances on this DVD had more passion, IMO. I saw where some here voted it off because they had seen it a number of times before, unlike the other performances.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Austin, be careful about allowing such negative emotions to control your actions.

We've all had favorites voted out "too soon" but no song is worth giving into the urge to wield a vote as a weapon in order to hurt others.

By lashing out, you are not honoring Hotel California; you are slathering it with grime.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Austin, be careful about allowing such negative emotions to control your actions.

We've all had favorites voted out "too soon" but no song is worth giving into the urge to wield a vote as a weapon in order to hurt others.

By lashing out, you are not honoring Hotel California; you are slathering it with grime.
    We're getting a little dramatic in here, Don't you think?

If being dramatic helps people realize that vengeance isn't a constructive emotion, then I'll be dramatic.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

LOL, ok.

FTR, GA did the same in the beginning of the game. It was no big deal.

I vote for Rocky Mountain Way. Again it's not a true Eagles song, though it is an excellent song. Also I want to annoy Austin by voting off a Joe song coz he voted MY fave!
    As I said, it didn't matter to me because it was next to go after LE anyway.

But I feel others do the same, and it was no big deal so I fail to see how my vote for TIE was that big of a deal.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I didn't intend it to be a big deal Austin, more a little bit of banter. I'm sorry if it upset you!

FTR, I think they are all excellent songs- it's difficult to separate any of the songs here.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Out on the Border

I'm torn between lyin eyes and new kid in town but to save myself a smacked bum from my mum lmao cos new kid in town is her fave eagles song after desperado I'm going to vote off lyin eyes

I'd like to say what I like about One of These Nights before it's too late, and again, this might sound superficial to some, but I can't help it - I consider these things when voting.

I love the way Glenn practically dances in his seat while playing the keyboard. I've always loved the base in this song and its fun to see Randy's playing it. Don Felder's solo is also excellent and fun to watch, and here goes...I'm sorry, but Don Henley looks scrumptious and he gives a passionate performance.

As far as my vote, I will go back to my list.

I vote for New Kid in Town.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.