Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Thread: History of the Eagles Live Disc Song Survivor Game

Default Re: History of the Eagles Live Disc Song Survivor Game

The fun thing about this game though, was to try to put your favorite aside and watch the performances and vote on the basis of how the song was performed. What did they do onstage that engaged you more than any of the other performances? It's hard to separate the two. I don't have one favorite Eagles song; several of these songs are my favorites. But it was an interesting experiment for me to pick a favorite just based on the way it was performed, and it's nice to see that many of you felt the same way.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

First, I'm very glad that these are the final 2 songs, both are very well deserving.

And, as PM put above, it was interesting to try to put how I feel about the songs aside and try to be impartial to my faves.

I found my self bouncing around to Take It Easy with a big smile on my face. How can you NOT feel happy while watching this performance of it. BUT TITTL was an awe inspiring experience. From the time it began to that last high note, I had goosebumps. Randy's voice is beyond perfection and as someone here said, it's no wonder Glenn was so insistent in having Randy sing it every night. Someone also said that they felt Randy was the best vocalist the Eagles have ever had---I'd tend to agree if all his performances were as perfect as this one. It's just a shame that it couldn't have continued longer.

I guess I'm lucky that I get to vote not only for my favorite performance to win but for my favorite Eagle song of all time.

I vote for Take It To The Limit for the win, by a LONNNNNNGGGG SHOT!!!!!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TakeMeToTheLimit View Post
    Sorry randy/take it to the limit love you but take it easy for the win my fave ever performance of this song
    I find your vote pretty interesting, considering last round you voted Take It Easy OUT???? I just don't get that one!!

Border Rebel

I vote for "Take It Easy" for the win. This is one of the best live versions ever of this song, in my opinion.

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Losing OOTN makes me sad but c'est la vie.

Take It To The Limit for the win!
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I find your vote pretty interesting, considering last round you voted Take It Easy OUT???? I just don't get that one!!
    its just I recently watched the dvd again and this time enjoyed take it easy more than take it to the limit and I watched hell freezes over ,live in new zealand,farewell 1 and then the history of the eagles concert dvd again cos wanted to see which take it easy I enjoyed best and I really loved it on the H.O.T.E concert dvd

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by prayfordaylight View Post
    Losing OOTN makes me sad but c'est la vie.

Take It To The Limit for the win!
    I totally agree about losing one of these nights being sad as it is possibly not only my fave eagles song but my fave song EVER because they are so many parts to the song that I love and I was hoping for it to win but as you said c'est la vie

Out on the Border

I should maybe be pulling for my name sake to get the win lol but either way we have a deserving winner two of my fave songs which I love

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

TAKE IT EASY FOR THE WIN!
    This performance is absolutely amazing. My favorite Eagles song of all time! I know it's the best band performance I've ever seen! All the guys are in to it, the crowd is in to it, Glenn's vocal is fabulous and so are the harmonies! I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! I so wished I was in that crowd!

For me, Take It Easy is also one of their signature songs and if they would ever quit doing it at their concerts, it would be a travesty! Yes, so is HC, but the performance of it in this dvd just did not measure up to the final three songs. Way too much band interaction with those over HC.

I also love TITTL and the performance of it here, and I, too, understand why Glenn insisted that Randy do it at their shows and was miffed when he wanted to refuse. He did do an awesome job here. But there wasn't as much band interaction during it as there is in TIE. It pretty much highlighted just Randy.

Again, TAKE IT EASY FOR THE WIN!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

As for Take it Easy...well Frankly, This is the ENCORE song, so they better be into it! I like this much better than the way it is performed these days, because the band just seems really tired of the song.

To me Take it to the Limit is sung with so much feeling & depth here. The degree of difficulty is just beyond comparison on these 2 songs. Take it Easy is a feel good type of song, but there is no real emotion in this song, & it doesn't do much for me.

To me the quintessential Eagles song is Hotel California....so for me this was a pretty easy choice! No Contest!