Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Avatar & Signature You Have To Have

Stuck on the Border

Default The Avatar & Signature You Have To Have

Imagine there has been a change in Border policy & we can only have ONE avatar and ONE signature, forever (yes, I know; it would hit me hard).

I know some of you don't have a signature & loyally stick to the one avatar but for those of us who change them, if you could only choose one each, which one would it be?

It might give you an opportunity to talk about how you choose avs & sigs; why you choose a particular one at a particular time, etc. For example Soda chooses some of hers to mark anniversaries. I will be doing that tomorrow with the av (NB not the favourite av; that has no anniversary attached to it).

And I am not answering this myself until tomorrow. Those who know me could probably guess the avatar. I haven't decided on the signature yet.

Default Re: The Avatar & Signature You Have To Have

I'll have to think about it. I like changing it up a lot on forums, and changing cover photos on Facebook. Back in the old days, I'd change my MySpace profile theme a lot too.

I'm sure it'd be an av of Joe and probably a sig of Joe and Felder.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

thought of my all time favorite avatar immediately...it was the first one I ever had when I joined the board...and it's now my permanent screen saver...my all time favorite pic....don't have a fave signature...yet...

Last edited by zeldabjr; 08-03-2013 at 10:55 PM. Reason: adding to

Stuck on the Border

That is a favourite of mine too. If Tim were my favourite that would be high on my list.

I'm wondering if people will feel pressured into making a choice here. That is one reason why I hesitated to start the topic. If you don't wish to answer or you couldn't choose, that's fine!

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

I've had the same avatar since I joined, mainly because Don looks so hot in it. I have no plans to change it. I have no signature. I guess I should get on that.

This was my first avatar on here and so, for nostalgia's sake, if I picked one it would probably be this one:

After all, he's holding a soda.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Commenting about how I choose avatars -

I like to choose avatars based on what's happening, time of year, etc. I change for various anniversaries of important events, for holidays, for Survivor games, album releases... that kind of thing. After I go to a show, I usually use an avie from that show for a week or so. Sometimes it's something to do with what's going on with me - like when I was moving, I used an avatar of Glenn in a car, lol.

It's almost always Glenn, although when a band member has a birthday I change it to that member for the day. The only non-band members I've worn avies for are Fleetwood Mac-related; Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham for their birthdays and Bob Welch for his death.

I try to shake it up, though, because that's part of the fun for me. Sometimes I'll have an avatar for a week, sometimes a couple weeks, sometimes for a few days, sometimes one day. It's rare I'll have the same one for more than three weeks.

Once upon a time, when our board software wasn't as good, I would use the same avatar for months. I think I used the one above for over a year. It was kind of nice to have a certain photo where people saw it and knew it was your post before they even read your name. That aspect of a static avatar is very cool.

But variety is the spice of life!

I change signatures less often, but they too are based on the same factors as I choose my avies. Often they are of the whole band rather than just Glenn. Also, I usually make a signature for each show I'm going to and use it for a week or so before the show - helps me get in the spirit. I'm not sure what my favorite signature is, though!

ETA: I changed mine today, for instance, to mark the anniversary of Glenn's album Soul Searchin', but my History of the Eagles animated avatar will be back soon and will remain until we finish the Survivor.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I can't pick just one either. I don't change my avi that much, but I do love to have the option. Mine are usually of Timothy, but sometimes I have done Joe in an avi. I just found a pic of Glenn that I really love, so I may use that one next.

I have more issues with the signature. A friend of mine made a few for me, & I did make some awhile back, but I now forgot what program I used & how I did it.
    Can someone please recommend a good program to make signatures??? One that is not too complicated. I would really appreciate it!!!

Right now I'm loving my new TIM avi, so That is my favorite! If I HAD to stick with one, I could live with this one!

Always liked this painting of Felder and Willie made this signature for me some years ago. This would be my permanent choice.
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

I'm always changing my avvies 'cause I love making pictures!!! LOL I love showing off my work. LOL

With my signatures, this one is the best I have ever made. I would keep this one forever.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!