Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Avatar & Signature You Have To Have

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: The Avatar & Signature You Have To Have

I find it hard to change my av. I don't know why, but when I find one I like I usually keep it for quite a while. The one now is from the new doc and I loved the pic of Glenn so much I knew it had to be one. I don't know when I'll change it. Something will happen to make me. Could be a comment from someone or just a new picture. Who knows?!

The sigs are different. I'm not good at making them. This one's for the doc, but they aren't that important to me. If I knew more about it, and I know some of you have tried hard to teach us, maybe!

I do like having the choice though.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

If I could only have one avatar it would be this:

If I could only have one signature, 'for sentimental reasons' it is the one below which I will be using this week. I have other sigs made by people who are better at this than I am which are probably superior. I have a couple I made myself that I am very fond of (particularly Brave New World & Lone Arranger) but the fact that this signature even got MADE is what clinches it. Of course I took the photo which helps.

This week's avatar is always used in the week of August 5 as that is the anniversary of the first time I saw Glenn in 1988. For some reason I never made it into a closeup. I think most people are familiar enough with the photo & what was going on.

Most of the time I just go with mood, unless I have made something recently which needs to be used.

FP, your av is one of my all time favourite pics of Glenn! It's gorgeous!

And your sig-what else could you pic? A sig with a photo that you took yourself to commemorate such a momentous occasion!!! Fantastic!

I've got to go back & look at all mine. Some of the older ones are stored on an external hard drive so I'll hook it up & reminisce before I make my choices.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - I used to change my avatar and banners occasionally. Here are two of my old favorites that I used ...

However, some of you may have noticed that I never change my avatar now. The moment I saw Smokin' Hot (my name for my avatar) back in January 2007, I knew that was my new avatar. I was on the phone with Soda when I saw it for the first time. She immediately cropped it for me, and it has been my avatar ever since. At the time, I hadn't planned on keeping it forever. But everyone was kidding me and said they were going to steal it from me, so I figured if I ever gave it up, I may never get it back. So here I am still stuck with Smokin' Hot.

But, as Soda said, as soon as members see that avatar, they immediately recognize it as my post.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

I understand the appeal of being 'recognised' by your avatar but that is something that has never bothered me. There are too many great photos for me to do that. I don't know if on Monday morning my time people will look at the board & wonder what I will be using that week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    So here I am still stuck with Smokin' Hot.
    What a terrible thing to be stuck with!

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

I love your new avvie FP!!! He looks so good and sexy!!! LOL

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pueblo47 View Post
    Always liked this painting of Felder and Willie made this signature for me some years ago. This would be my permanent choice.
    I'm flattered!!

I'm one who changes mine fairly often and have been known to also change them up to other non-Eagle faves on their birthdays, or special days, I've had Benjamin several times (happening again shortly for his birthday and his passing within a month of each other) and Pagey.

BUT if I had to have only one, the signature is easy..... It's so special to me, it was a present from our own Troub who also made me a beautiful wallpaper and a FB cover photo of same.

And my avi would be a HFO one and this one would do just fine.

He sings it high, he plays it low

I'm going to have to really think about this and even then I'm not sure I'll come up with something. I don't notice birthdays, anniversaries, special occasions, so mine don't change because of anything like that. Usually I'll see a new or different photo in the Walsh Worship thread and decide I like it enough to change, but more often my decision to change things is based on whether I have time to think about it!

Willie, I was going to mention the sig you picked; it's one of the first ones that came to mind, and it's not even mine! I think Troub outdid herself with that one.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Willie, I was going to mention the sig you picked; it's one of the first ones that came to mind, and it's not even mine! I think Troub outdid herself with that one.
    And whenever I use or see this sig, I think of the wonderful YouTube video of Secular Praise that you made almost 2 years ago to the day this week after my Mom died. You don't know how much that video meant to me at that time (and still does). You, or I can, hunt it up again and repost it in the Timothy vids thread. I think the new Timothy fan members would really appreciate it.
    He sings it high, he plays it low