Default Re: The Avatar & Signature You Have To Have

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    What a terrible thing to be stuck with!
    Yep - Woe Is Me!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    And whenever I use or see this sig, I think of the wonderful YouTube video of Secular Praise that you made almost 2 years ago to the day this week after my Mom died. You don't know how much that video meant to me at that time (and still does). You, or I can, hunt it up again and repost it in the Timothy vids thread. I think the new Timothy fan members would really appreciate it.
    I remember asking Troub's permission to use it in the video.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Aw, I'm so glad that sig is still so special to you, Willie.

This is hard because I can't post pictures at the mo, so I will have to rely on my descriptive skills. I change my sigs and avatars all the freakin' time, purely because there are so many great pictures out there. Also, I may just be in a particular 'mood' - eg: young Don, or if I've been watching a new concert video I might take a screen cap and use that. I've noticed that I will usually use a couple of different eras - if my av is '70s Don, I'll probably use current Don or '90s Don as my sig.

If I had to choose a forever sig, I think I'd go with the black and white photo of bearded, denim-clad Don leaning against the Thoreau sign in Walden Woods in the early '90s. I love that Thoreau quote and the photo does a pretty good job of encapsulating lots of things I love.

An avatar is more difficult... One that springs to mind that I have stuck to lately is a '70s screen cap from the documentary where Don is in a jacket, sunglasses and baseball cap, sort of turned and grinning at the camera. I think they're at an airport or emerging from a limo. It's natural and cute and something about it just makes me smile. I also have some HFO screen caps that I love and various close-up mid '70s portraits. The BBC 1973 screen caps that I took and the BOML caps from the documentary concert are other favourites.

Of course, I have also been known to use a different artist in my sig, either to mark an occasion or just because I am particularly into that artist at that time. I have used James Taylor, Danny Kortchmar, Levon Helm and Gram Parsons.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border

I will be using a signature of Knopfler next week for his birthday but not an avatar. He is the only other artist to whom I have ever given the privilege.

Remember when Expando was coming out and I went to the Timothy solo show in Chicago with TBF and Soda and switched my avatar to Timothy for awhile? You guys thought I'd gone crazy! Nobody could get used to Prettymaid posting with a Timothy avatar!
    ~ Cathy ~

Stuck on the Border

For a couple of years I had avatars of Don in his birthday week & then people started asking me why, so I stopped.

It's funny how most of us are closely associated with our avatars here. I remember having to explain that no, I wasn't 'switching sides' LOL, I was just giving Timothy props for putting out a very organic album!
    ~ Cathy ~

Default Re: Spin off: Pictures you associate with other Borderers

I haven't had a chance to check my oldies yet, but in looking at the avs & sigs I have saved on Photobucket I chose these as a couple of favourites. I sometimes change mine for an occasion but, it's usually when I see a new picture I like or when I feel like creating something that I change to a new one.

GL, I think I told you in another thread, but I just love your current sig. Every time I see it I think of how Glenn told the story of the eagle in the doc. It's one of my favorite parts!
    ~ Cathy ~

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    GL, I think I told you in another thread, but I just love your current sig. Every time I see it I think of how Glenn told the story of the eagle in the doc. It's one of my favorite parts!
    Thanks, PM. I think it is one of my favourites. I love that bit from the doc too.

Here are a few more favs: