Page 17 of 302 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

VA, how ironic that your windshield was damaged coming home from an Eagles concert, because, if you recall, that's what happened to us on the way home from the Louisville show!!! Kind of freaky, huh? Get some rest. Sounds like you need it!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    VA, how ironic that your windshield was damaged coming home from an Eagles concert, because, if you recall, that's what happened to us on the way home from the Louisville show!!! Kind of freaky, huh? Get some rest. Sounds like you need it!
    I do remember that now, and yours was a new car,too! That is freaky. Wow, we will have to both be extra careful when leaving Indy in about six weeks!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Verna. So glad u r ok.......trucks can be fixed
    Sleep well and sorry but your teams losing today

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I do remember that now, and yours was a new car,too! That is freaky. Wow, we will have to both be extra careful when leaving Indy in about six weeks!
    You said it, sister!
    ~ Cathy ~

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Wow VA! Your adventures over the last week have left me breathless! But I totally agree with you. Everything we do to see our boys is definitely worth it.

I'm so glad you got home safe. Windshields and trucks can be replaced but people cannot.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Wow, VA, thank goodness you are ok, and the truck can be fixed. I can't believe the mileage you've done in the last few days.

Troub, sounds like you are getting into the new job and the kids will benefit!

Lisa, hope Laura is settling in ok at her new school. Your schedule sounds exhausting.

I'm stuck into researching my family tree at the moment after finding some old birth and marriage certificates. On my father's side it's all in South Wales but my mother's relatives were more cosmopolitan and I have cousins in the USA, Portugal and Switzerland.

Thanks for all your kind comments about my sister. The last few times I've spoken to her she sounds much more in control. She saw her doctor for blood tests and is significantly anaemic, not really a surprise as she doesn't eat meat, however she needs her blood count to improve before her hip surgery. Lots of spinach!

I've had a lovely weekend with both boys home, and have joined a local wildlife/walking group to get me out a bit more. Boys are working on me to do a road trip to California next year!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

GEF, glad your sister is hanging in there. I think I mentioned it before, maybe not, but I did a big family tree about six years ago, maybe longer. I've thought about getting back to it, since there are even more tools out there and more information. I just haven't done it!

I called all over the place this morning and no one had the windshield in stock. It's very specialized, with the word 'Ford' on it in big letters, but they all said they seldom carry any windshields in stock. The one place who makes them and sells them said they could only do it in their garage which is all the way up in Louisville, and while the insurance would have paid to tow it again, I didn't want my truck bouncing up and down on the back of a tow truck for 50 miles, so I passed. Then one of the companies I called first called me back and said they'd go get the windshield immediately. They are very close to me, down the road a short distance and then across a shopping center parking lot, and so they came over, checked the exact type of windshield, then called me later to tell me they went and got it. They actually drove it over there since it was such a short distance, then drove it back, all by 1pm. I went to the Ford dealer and they ordered the windshield wiper arm and that'll get put on tomorrow. Everyone is amazed that there is no other damage, usually debris also hits the roof or even bed of a truck, but this didn't. Before they drove the truck, we noticed that putting a finger on the outside where the object hit, glass came off the windshield, so it was a very near thing as far as coming through. I've been thanking God so often today He's probably tired of hearing me.
    VK

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan View Post
    I've had a lovely weekend with both boys home, and have joined a local wildlife/walking group to get me out a bit more. Boys are working on me to do a road trip to California next year!
    Now, how do you do a road trip to California from England?

The wildlife/walking group sounds right up my alley! I love taking nature trails and looking for birds and other wildlife. I hope you enjoy it.
    ~ Cathy ~

VA, that certainly was a close call! I thank God that you weren't hurt! It is amazing that there was no other damage to your truck.

GEF, glad you had a nice weekend with your sons. I hope your sister is able to have her surgery soon. A road trip sounds exciting!

Troub, I'm sure that once you settle into a routine things will be less overwhelming.

Lisa, what an exhausting schedule! I hope you can 'take it easy" for a while soon.

Yay!! The truck is fixed! New windshield, new wiper and wiper arm! Tomorrow morning the insurance guy comes to inspect the damage...I guess I can describe it for him.

Went back to work today and it didn't go too badly, considering. A co-worker asked about my vacation and mentioned that she talked to my former boss (who now works for me) and he told her that I was an Eagles groupie, that I followed them all over the place, and that I had a crush on one of them. Seriously! I didn't realize it was a 'crush', and especially at my age! I've always just thought of it as 'a definite preference'.
    VK