Page 291 of 302 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Border Troubadour

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    AG good luck to you. Hopefully you can get the gf food you need.

Buffy, good luck at the dentist!

WKM, have fun with your grands! Mine is coming home today and has been gone 2 weeks. Can't wait to see the little stinker!

Please remember my brother and his wife in your prayers. They were involved in a motorcycle accident last night. Both were taken to two different hospitals and are going to be ok, but it was pretty scary. My brother is out and only suffered a broken thumb on one hand and broken little finger on the other besides bad road scrapes. My sister n law is much worse. She has broken ribs, broken wrist, cracked vertebra, broken shoulder, and two small brain bleeds. She will be ok, but long recovery. He said he looked up and a truck was turning left in front of them and he took the ditch to avoid hitting it.
    Gosh - sorry to hear this, Brooke. I hope they'll both be okay - it sounds like it was really scary. They're lucky they got through it.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Brooke - Hope your brother and his wife get better soon - sounds pretty scary!!

AG - good luck with adapting to a GF way of eating - as GA and DD say, it is best to cut it out completely but sometimes that really can't happen, so try to limit or change what you eat until you can really change your diet.

Everyone else, hope you all have a great summer
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Sending prayers for them too Brooke. That is so scary.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Brooke sending prayers. Glad they will be ok.

Kim, you have to learn a whole different way to eat. It's difficult & expensive, trust me I understand all too well, but you have no choice. I can't remember the last time I have red meat but my body just can not process it. My GI doctor told me I needed to make changes or get used to a colestomy bag because that is where I was headed. It's a whole new lifestyle but you get used to it. Thinking about you. How is college going?

I'm complaining about my lack of summer. It's seriously cold up here. I saw my orthopedic doctor this week to get the MRI results. I broke a bone in my ankle, 2 in my foot, 2 toes & had a partial tear in my peroneal tendon. Everything has healed but the tendon tear left scar tissue which I am going to have to live with. Surgery to remove the scar will result in additional scaring. I just have to keep doing physical therapy, wear a brace & use K tape.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    AG good luck to you. Hopefully you can get the gf food you need.

Buffy, good luck at the dentist!

WKM, have fun with your grands! Mine is coming home today and has been gone 2 weeks. Can't wait to see the little stinker!

Please remember my brother and his wife in your prayers. They were involved in a motorcycle accident last night. Both were taken to two different hospitals and are going to be ok, but it was pretty scary. My brother is out and only suffered a broken thumb on one hand and broken little finger on the other besides bad road scrapes. My sister n law is much worse. She has broken ribs, broken wrist, cracked vertebra, broken shoulder, and two small brain bleeds. She will be ok, but long recovery. He said he looked up and a truck was turning left in front of them and he took the ditch to avoid hitting it.
    Best wishes & speedy recovery to them Brooke. I saw something on your FB page but I didn't realise who they were.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    I have the privilege of spending the rest of the month visiting my son and his family. I get to baby sit (or "grandparent" as I prefer to call it) my two grandchildren ages 10 years and 9 weeks. It is a difficult day for my daughter in law. She had to go back to work since her 9 weeks maternity leave is over.
    That's not a lot of leave at all! We get 26 and can then take up to 8 more unpaid!!

Brooke sending prayers and good vibes to your family. I'm glad they are not in danger and I hope they make a full recovery
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks everyone. My brother is doing fine, but my snl is still in the hospital and not doing well. She is having some memory problems, but they think that will come back. She's in a lot of pain from all the injuries. It's just going to take some time.

jms, prayers for your foot/ankle/leg to heal quickly.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Sending prayers for your sister-in-law Brooke.

My dentist appointment went so much better than I thought. Turns out I don’t need my wisdom tooth pulled after all as it actually has come in straight. It’s not in line with the other teeth as it’s slightly to the left but I do actually have room for it. The pain I was feeling was just from it coming in and there’s no infections or cavities there or in my other teeth. They told me if it does bother me later I could have it removed but it would be by an oral surgeon since my mouth is so small. Also, apparently I would really only need one wisdom tooth pulled of the four and is sideways under the gums, but it’s possible it might never try to break through. Just find it surprising since my parents both had all their wisdom teeth taken out when they were teens and my brother and I haven’t needed to. So it went way better than expected and the cost was so much better too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Good news, Buffy!

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled plus an impacted eye tooth way back right after high school. I don't like that memory at all! My daughter had hers out too, but not my son. You never know, I guess.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Brooke, as a fellow motorcyclist, my best wishes to your brother, and especially your sister-in-law, on their road to recovery. Relieved that they both survived the crash, but worried about the extent of the injuries. I hope she gets better in the coming days. They'll both be in my thoughts and prayers! 🙏🏻
    On a side note, everyone please be watchful for motorcyclists on the road. Warm weather brings out a lot of riders, and we lose too many every year from crashes.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."