Page 289 of 302 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    Welcome Wayne. It's just one of those little "rain shower" moments for me but, in my defense, I have been dealing with a painful foot injury for 7 months. If I need surgery then do the dang surgery so I cab heal & wear heels again!

My cats are going crazy because they hear turkeys in the field behind my house but they can't see them!
    Those crazy Cats! 🐱🐱

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Out on the Border TequilaSunrise82's Avatar

Hi fellow Eagles fans, I've been reading through all the stories on this thread and I hope everyone is doing well. I never share much about my personal life on the web but reading everyone's stories makes me feel like sharing...

I'm 33, mother to two boys ages 2 and 4 and recently moved out of state for hubby's job and left all of our family and friends behind. It's been a rough few months getting adjusted and I am extremely homesick. I am starting a new job on Monday which will be my first full-time gig since before I had my kids (for the past 4 years I have either worked part-time or been home). My father has recently been diagnosed with cancer and it's been tough on me especially since I am not there to help him and my mom figure out his doctor appointments, insurance, etc. Oh and throw in some anxiety issues I have and as you can imagine, I am having a hard time staying positive.

One thing that has been true my whole life: when things get bad, music always comes to the rescue. It calms, soothes and focuses me. Sometimes it helps me deal with the reality of things and sometimes it lets me escape from them for a bit. When Glenn passed away in January it was a huge blow. I had never felt so devastated about anyone passing, which was so odd to me considering the man is technically a stranger. I was in such a state I thought I might need mental help! This past month with job interviews has been stressful but hearing Glenn's voice has seemingly gotten me through.

Now I feel like I am babbling so I'll stop here. I look forward to reading more of your stories

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Sending prayers for you too Tequila. I have bad anxiety too so I totally understand, and music always has been a help too. Glenn's passing was the same for me too and I haven't taken a celeb's death as hard since George Harrison passed away.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Sending prayers and good luck to you.
    You will be fine if you keep your head high and look to the future .
    There is new adventure at every turn .
    Remeber as you arrise each morning, you can hear .you can see and you are on the right side of the grass

TS82, I can identify with much of what you say. I know how it feels to have to move and leave friends and family, and also how difficult it can be to be far removed from home when the parents fall ill. I will echo the advice you've heard before: keep a good attitude, stay positive, count your blessings every day and every night. It will help you to sleep better. And it sounds like you need your sleep! Best wishes!

And thank goodness for music!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    Sending prayers for you too Tequila. I have bad anxiety too so I totally understand, and music always has been a help too. Glenn's passing was the same for me too and I haven't taken a celeb's death as hard since George Harrison passed away.
    Buffy thank you for your prayers. I am a huge Beatles fan as well (probably wouldn't have gotten through junior high without them) and was beyond sad when George passed away but I had more of a "normal" reaction to his death in that it didn't prevent me from carrying on with my daily life. I still can't figure out why I took Glenn's passing so hard. Doing better now then 4 months ago but it still feels surreal.

Thank you Tiffanny and LuvTim for your kind words

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

TS, it sounds like you've been through a lot and I can only echo what others have said, and especially this from Buffy: keep a good attitude, stay positive, count your blessings every day and every night. It will help you to sleep better.

Hang in there, this too shall pass. Hugs and prayers.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thank you Brooke

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I've been in some pain thanks to my wisdom teeth finally deciding to come in. Feels weird being almost thirty and they're just now bothering me as I remember friends getting them out in high school. I've always been fearful of going to the dentist and don't have dental insurance so this is not going to be fun. But I have to and will be nice not having to deal with this pain.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."