Page 72 of 302 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Yay HB!!

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Welcome back GS and SC, and hopefully the weather won't be too much of an issue this term. As a matter of interest, do you get paid for snow days if the school is shut?
    Well...I have never figured it out. We have 13 days built into the schedule...and we get paid monthly...I suppose we do get paid. I'll have to ask someone LOL (I'm not that good with money calculations )

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Ooh I like the sound of auntie HB lol
    congrats deb
    love babies they make you feel so young

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Sadler View Post
    Well...I have never figured it out. We have 13 days built into the schedule...and we get paid monthly...I suppose we do get paid. I'll have to ask someone LOL (I'm not that good with money calculations )
    Ah I see. We rarely close for weather but if we do we make up up to 3 days on each of the midterm (February) and / or Easter breaks. And we get normal pay. Was just wondering how other countries do it.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    How exciting Brooke! I hope she has a fast & easy delivery too!

My nephew's baby decided to make an early arrival. Rylee Brooke was born late late last night & she weighed 6 lbs 3 oz. She is about 3 weeks early but all is well. This is my sister's first grandchild.

I plan to make THIS Brooke as big an EAGLES fan as our Brooke here!
    Congratulations Auntie Deb! Great planning too!

Fingers x-d for your daughter in law Brooke. Hope everything goes well!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks Ga! She's very ready to have that baby but things don't seem to be progressing. They plan to induce her on Tuesday if she doesn't go before then. I hope she does, I'm ready to be Grammie!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Thanks Ga! She's very ready to have that baby but things don't seem to be progressing. They plan to induce her on Tuesday if she doesn't go before then. I hope she does, I'm ready to be Grammie!
    I'm so happy for you...being a grandma is about 1000x better than you can ever imagine!
    [

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Thank you everyone! My sister has sent me lots of pictures but I have not seen the little one yet since I just got back late last night. I can't wait to hold her!

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Welcome back GS and SC, and hopefully the weather won't be too much of an issue this term. As a matter of interest, do you get paid for snow days if the school is shut?

TT wishing a speedy recovery to your family member.

VA! Way to go!

yes, we have 5 days built into our schedule. If we go more than that, teachers will have an inservice or something. In the 15 years with the district, we have never used more than that.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Back home after our LA adventure with some SERIOUS PEW. Driving home from the airport last night "Heartache Tonight" came on the radio. Heavy sigh!! The guys were FANTASTIC & I never NEVER tire of seeing them!!

Thank you Nancy & Kay for showing me the sights of Sunset Blvd., Laurel Canyon, West Hollywood, etc. It was so much fun & I loved that we ate at The Beverly Hills Hotel, Dan Tana's, the Sunset Grill & the Laurel Canyon Store. Such unbelieveable memories!! Running the roads & hills of LA with you zany gals which includes Lissa was TOO much fun!!

And thank you Lissa for being my personal Brighton shopper. And I'm sure Brighton thanks you-LOL! Every time I put on my watch I am going to think of you and the fun time that we had in the Brighton store in Pasadena. I am so glad that we finally met & I hope we have another Eagles adventure soon!

Verna - it was great sharing another Eagles adventure with you & thank you for going to the Lakers game with me. That was so much fun! Too bad that Glenn was not there that night. Of course then neither of our eyes would have been on the game! BTW thank you for catching that basketball - GREAT save!! I would have hated to go to the concerts with a broken nose!

Joanie - what can I say? It is ALWAYS a blast with you. I think I lost 10 lbs. from laughing so much! This was our 3rd Eagles adventure and I hope there are lots more! And thank you for the Pink Champagne - a great start to Friday night's concert.

Thank you so much ladies!! Thank you for letting me share in another crazy EAGLES adventure. They are NEVER dull!! I would do another EAGLES adventure with any of you wild & crazy women in a heartbeat!! Just let me save up some more $!!