Page 34 of 302 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Glad your head didn't explode, VA.

I tried the mono-vision contacts a couple of years ago and after three months gave up on them. I was told it might take that long to adjust, but the reader side never seemed right... it seemed like I had no corrected vision at all in that eye.
    My previous eye doctor said that if that happened, you needed to switch them, the reader in the other.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I tried the mono-vision contacts a few years ago too and just could not ever get the right adjustment. I finally got tired of going to the eye doctor and went back to my bifocals. It was great to not have to wear glasses though! Hope it works out for you VA! I know lots that it did and lots that it didn't.

I'm glad your head didn't explode too!

Ga, no I probably won't do a lot of cycling on this antique bicycle. It would do for a short ride, but not much more. Might think on getting a new one though!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Yeah va
    Just got new reading rx and the increase it makes a difference
    Also increases my distance script what a difference
    Now ..just have to adjust to the fact that it also makes sharper the damage from the macular degeneration that I now see clearly in my central vision.

Goday was bosses day
    Igot wine for the two managers
    And one gal baked the came
    We took pics and saved him a big piece but they devoured that cake lo,

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

So far the contacts are working out!

So...I have an employee who seems to be seriously abusing the 'work-at-home' allowance. Others that work for me seem to have the opposite problem, they work all day and most of the evening, but this guy doesn't seem to be working at all. So I gave him minimal assignments with clear deadlines and he didn't come close to meeting them. I'm just amazed that in today's economy people who have jobs don't try harder to keep them. Meanwhile, I've not been able to find someone to replace I was doing before!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

VA, hope the contacts stay good. I stick with varifocal glasses, ok except for going downstairs for some reason! Sorry about your lazy guy at work, do you have an appraisal system?
    Went to see my sister last weekend. She was a bit better than last time I visited, but her blood results are weird, sodium down to 125, which is seriously low. GP just said eat more salt... She is seeing a haematologist tomorrow, so I'm hoping they'll take it more seriously.
    Having fun at my voluntary work at the hospice shop picking out things that might go better on their ebay site. Found a donated vase priced at £2, which went for £16 on ebay. all good for the charity!
    My older son Phil, who is living at home with me for now, has been approached about a new job at work with a pay increase, so fingers crossed. He would love to move into a flat, but like so many others, is relying on rent free accommodation with Mum at the moment. He is going to London this weekend to see his brother Mark, who has finished his Masters degree and is looking for work in digital journalism. I am so proud and grateful for my two lovely boys!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

vA
    did you not have the same problem with another coworker ?
    Yes amazing that people don't care that they have a job ...they just want the paycheck.

glad contacts are working out ok.

gef prayers for your sister congrats on your sons .

Almost Friday thank goodness. ready fir the weekend.
    sat Lucas will be one year old.
    so hard to believe that that little bundle who brings so much joy has been with us a year.

frustrating for me is that my doctor had to leave and they forced him out early and they are sticking me with someone who doesn't know me and not who I picked.
    just frustrating.I had a stroke at age 21 and have ongoing medical issues so I work hand and hand with my doctor .
    just a hard time for me..

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Went to the doctor yesterday and I can walk with a walker !! I have to put most of my weight on the walker, but it feels so nice to be able to go out. I took my dog out by myself for the first time in 2 months to get cheeseburgers !! It was great to spend time with my baby boy !! Sadly, I will have to use the walker in NYC, so my itinerary of things I wanted to do is out. I will still make the best of things, because there is no other choice. You can be sure I will be dancing with my walker in the aisles !!

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    Went to the doctor yesterday and I can walk with a walker !! I have to put most of my weight on the walker, but it feels so nice to be able to go out. I took my dog out by myself for the first time in 2 months to get cheeseburgers !! It was great to spend time with my baby boy !! Sadly, I will have to use the walker in NYC, so my itinerary of things I wanted to do is out. I will still make the best of things, because there is no other choice. You can be sure I will be dancing with my walker in the aisles !!

That's the spirit, WW!!!! Even baby steps forward are moving you in the right direction! Look on the bright side. You have time to install a cup holder on that sucker!!! I think a snack tray would be overkill though. 3 weeks to go!!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Glad to hear things are going well for you WW!

tt, sorry to hear about your work issues. Hopefully you will like your new doctor. Can't believe that Lucas will be one! Happy Birthday to him!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks brooke
    Just frustrated about my doc and having a chronic health issue
    Ww way to goso happpy for you.
    Wonder if being temporarly handicapped if u can get better seats if u call box office and explain your new issue? Just wondering

Long week at work......its all good I am just tired
    Tgif
    I will work weds for the extra hours but am off for my anniversary .....use or lose time ooh well