Page 41 of 302 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamorna View Post
    Oooh! Am I missing something please Sodascouts? Where are these precious videos to be seen?
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...alivevideo.htm

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...stuffvideo.htm

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Hey everybody! I've been absent for
    Some time so I thought I'd start here maybe explaining my absence a little. I'll post some pics in the pic thread of what I've been up to as well. Most of
    You know I've been hocking my wares at the local Farmers Market. The one we go to is a medium sized market, probably 50 to 70 vendors at its peak. My brother and I sell our art work, he carves beautiful waking sticks, canes and sculptures, makes boxes deer horn pens, bone knives, etc. I make gourd art, carved stones, and baked goods. A few years ago we had my parents kitchen licensed so we're legal for certain foods. Mostly I make baked goods like sweet rolls, pies and such, but I started selling frozen gnocchi and pesto this year and have quite the clientele built up! I still do the sweets and breads as well.
    Our last market for the season was yesterday and the holiday bazaars and festivals start next weekend and I've shifted from gnocchi and baked goods to candies, hors de orvres and tapas.
    Sarah has started working at the market too as a volunteer. Her cousin taught her to make balloon animals and she makes them for the kids. The parents give her tips and she sometimes makes more then I do!
    We've discovered my beautiful Jenni has some serious depression/anxiety issues that have kept her from doing the thing she wants/needs to do. She's kind of stuck right now not able to work or go to school or even sleep at night. She's having bad reactions to certain medications and they sometimes make things much worse. Her doctor is trying new things, but
    I think it's time for a new doctor. I really don't think this one has a clue. Jenni has a boyfriend who's very dedicated to her and we keep close tabs on her. We can only do what she'll allow us to do.
    Cliff is running marathons again and feeling great. He turns the big five-oh this year and I KNOW that's bugging him. His arms are getting much shorter but he refuses to give in on the glasses front. I have, although, made progress in the cell phone aligence! My brother and his wife have phones on our plan but have decided to drop their lines, Cliff wants to keep one line and use it! I caught him playing with my old iPhone the other day so Mr. Cell-phones-are-the-devil may soon be an iPhone owner LOL!
    I think that's everyone. We lost both my sweet kitties and our sweet pup this year but adopted a rescue kitten. Her name is Pablo and my brother found her by the side of the highway. She was only 4 weeks old when we got her but she's plenty healthy now!
    Like I said, I'll try and post pictures in the other thread

Ticky! You are a sight for sore eyes! Welcome back and jump right in. We could use a dose of funny around here!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Welcome back, Ticky!!! I saw some gourd art last weekend at a festival here in KY and thought of you, so it's kind of ironic that you show up this week!

Glad things are going so well, with the exception of Jenni, of course. I'm sorry to hear about her problems and will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Good to hear from you on here, ticky! I've seen your art. It's amazing! I hope Jenni is able to bounce back from her rough times. At least she has a lot of loving support!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

oh Rhonda its so good to hear from you!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

While shopping for Halloween candy, I found peanut butter Snickers. Need I say more?
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Tears of joy and happiness that our beloved Ticky has come back to us. Seriously, so happy to see you back even tho we keep caught up on FB, this is where it all began for us. Tell Cliffy 50 is pretty good, actually. Best of luck to Jenni also. That's a difficult one as a parent, I'm sure. Hang in there.

Now get right back in here and keep us all on our toes with your sense of humor and observations on all things Eagles.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Welcome back Ticky! I hope you can get back more often. I'm sorry to hear about Jenni's troubles and hope she can get it all worked out. That must be very tough for you parents. I have seen gourd art at an outdoor festival a while back and it reminded me of yours.

VA, enjoy! But save some for the tricksters!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I looked back to see when I last posted about my BIL, Chuck, and was surprised to see that it was the end of June. If you recall, Chuck has ALS and in that post in June I said that he was winding down. At the time I certainly didn't think that he would still be with us now, but he is.

Since June Chuck has declined even further. I don't think we thought that was possible. He's in constant pain. Yesterday when I came home for lunch Hubby was here and told me that he had received a call from his mom saying that hospice had advised Chuck's wife to give him a medication so strong that it would essentially render him unconscious, thus pain free. He's already on so many medications, only his wife and his mom can keep track of them all. He is given morphine every 2 hours and a morphine patch also, but lately even that doesn't take away his pain.

We will be going to see Chuck this evening. He's to the point now, though, that he's so drugged up he either doesn't know anyone or doesn't remember them being there. You can imagine the toll this is taking on my husband and the rest of the family. It's funny how you progress through stages; first of denial, to just being there for him and letting him know you love him, to simply wishing he would be put out of his misery. This disease does not effect the mind. Chuck has always been in there until recently. Now he's on so much medication he's like an empty shell. Nobody should have to suffer like this.
    Just got caught up in this thread---
    PM-- I am so very sorry to hear how bad it's gotten for Chuck. That's no life at all. And I can only imagine the tow it is taking on his wife, your hubby & the whole family. You are all in my thoughts and as rough as it is, I hope there is relief soon.
    He sings it high, he plays it low