Page 81 of 302 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

UTW - your relative was blessed to have you in his life. I always believe the love & care you have shown to others will be returned in your life.

GA - How was Taylor Swift? I hear TS puts on a great show! You should post a review of the concert written by Laura.

Like Brooke, I saw Garth Brooks at the beginning of his career. He put on one of the best shows EVER at the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo! So entertaining! You could tell he was going to make it big in music. It should be a wonderful concert!
    Wow - EAGLES & Garth Brooks in the same summer!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I actually have something to post.

Rosalind will be receiving three awards at the high school Night of Excellence (i.e. presentation night, or 'speech night' as we called it when I was a kid) for volunteer/community service work, information technology & something else which is a big secret until the night. I'm very proud of her.
    FP - what wonderful achievements for Rosalind! 3 awards - quite an accomplishment! Looking forward to hearing what the third award is. Please tell Rosalind congratulations for me. I can see you are one proud momma! Have a wonderful presentation night!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Rosalind will be receiving three awards at the high school Night of Excellence (i.e. presentation night, or 'speech night' as we called it when I was a kid) for volunteer/community service work, information technology & something else which is a big secret until the night. I'm very proud of her.
    Well great congratulations to Rosalind. I know how proud of her you are. I'd live to see a pic of her getting her awards if you get a chance to take and post one!

Well this day 7 years ago I discovered and joined the Border! What fun and adventures I have had a a result. And I've made some wonderful friends too! Thanks to Nancy and everybody for making our Border the wonderful message board and fan site that it is.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

CONGRATULATIONS GA!!!

You are a true asset to the board and I enjoy reading your posts. You are always so kind & considerate. Hope we get to share an EAGLES adventure in the future!

Stuck on the Border

Congratulations to Rosalind! I never got tired of rejoicing in my kid's achievements. Enjoy the evening! You certainly have cause to be very proud!
    [

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    Molly - my prayers continue for you & your family. Peter is smiling and admiring the strength you have shown. I know he still feels your love and you his. And I hope it brings you comfort to know he is so loved & missed by so many. Peterpalooza - what a wonderful celebration!
    Thank you. And thanks to all.

Sending positive vibes to everyone who's going thru stuff themselves and with loved ones. Here's to a nice healthy, quiet week ahead!

Peterpalooza was a very nice evening. Sooo many people came out in not so great weather. The owner of the pub went out of his way to accamadate us.

Peter's Marquette friends put together a power point presentation with lots of pictures, many I had never seen before! Very special group of young men and women that Peter had surrounded himself with. I just can't say enough about all of them!

FINALLY - moving forward on getting my mother in law's house ready for sale. It's only been empty for 18 months! The insurance company is threatening to stop insuring a vacant house, so my husband is really moving along, finally agreeing with me to contract out some of the work that needs to be done to ready the house. Hubby finally admits with everything going in in our lives, he just can't get it done (not to mention he works 50 hours/wk). We're shooting for a March 1st date of putting it up for sale! Woo hoo! Fingers crossed.

Got a phone call last nite from a store called Urban Outfitters (never been there-don't even know what they sell) asking us if we had charged $1200 worth of shoes to a Nashville, Tenn. address. Ah, no. Thank goodness charge card companies don't hold the card owners responsible for these charges.
    [

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Well great congratulations to Rosalind. I know how proud of her you are. I'd live to see a pic of her getting her awards if you get a chance to take and post one!

Well this day 7 years ago I discovered and joined the Border! What fun and adventures I have had a a result. And I've made some wonderful friends too! Thanks to Nancy and everybody for making our Border the wonderful message board and fan site that it is.
    I will do so on FB, probably. It makes a change for her to be recognised & get something a bit bigger than a merit award.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post

Sending positive vibes to everyone who's going thru stuff themselves and with loved ones. Here's to a nice healthy, quiet week ahead!

Peterpalooza was a very nice evening. Sooo many people came out in not so great weather. The owner of the pub went out of his way to accamadate us.

Peter's Marquette friends put together a power point presentation with lots of pictures, many I had never seen before! Very special group of young men and women that Peter had surrounded himself with. I just can't say enough about all of them!

FINALLY - moving forward on getting my mother in law's house ready for sale. It's only been empty for 18 months! The insurance company is threatening to stop insuring a vacant house, so my husband is really moving along, finally agreeing with me to contract out some of the work that needs to be done to ready the house. Hubby finally admits with everything going in in our lives, he just can't get it done (not to mention he works 50 hours/wk). We're shooting for a March 1st date of putting it up for sale! Woo hoo! Fingers crossed.

Got a phone call last nite from a store called Urban Outfitters (never been there-don't even know what they sell) asking us if we had charged $1200 worth of shoes to a Nashville, Tenn. address. Ah, no. Thank goodness charge card companies don't hold the card owners responsible for these charges.
    I echo HB's sentiments about your strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post

We are so lucky you found us! Thank you for being an integral part of this community!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post

Wonderful to hear about Peterpalooza going so well.

Good luck selling that house. 18 months.... Hard to believe!

$1200 of shoes charged in Nashville? I swear it wasn't me! Seriously, though, I'm glad they caught it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten