Page 216 of 302 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Border Troubadour

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Thanks Austin, best of luck to you too
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

The job didn't come through, they want someone with more automated testing experience. Since I wasn't sure I wanted the job, I suppose it all turned out the way it was supposed to. It just would have been nice to have it be my choice and not theirs!

I finally had my appointment with the ENT today. The good news is that there is nothing obviously wrong. No lumps, nodules, etc. So, it comes down to inflammation and he doesn't know what's causing it. He thinks it's either from asthma, as there is still occasionally a rattle, and he said the inflammation that happened with the pneumonia is probably still there. Or, he said it could be acid reflux driven by the hiatal hernia. So, he extended the meds I'm taking for the reflux and told me to use my inhaler more and wait a few months and see if there's any improvement.

Glenn said on the Dan Patrick show today, to the guy who sang You Belong To The City, that if a person wants to sing they should just sing (or something like that). It depressed me a little because I really miss singing, and to be told this might go on for another few months does not make me happy.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Troubadour

Hi VA, sorry about the job but I hope something better turns up soon.

...Oh, I know all about reflux, let me tell you! I've had it for the last 12 years and I have to be so careful with what I eat despite the medication. I haven't eaten a tomato in years and recently when I was ill with my gland problems, the reflus was even worse, so much so that I found it hard to swallow at times. I had hyperparathyroidism and got 3 glands removed recently plus two thyroid nodules so I was wondering if your problem might be something to do with the parathyroids. They control your whole system but GP's are notoriously reluctant to diagnose them through ignorance, I feel. Anyway, have a look at this webpage, particularly the symptoms page and see what you think. It might not be that but I've had such an awful time this last year, I've become convinced a lot of people suffer from parathyroidism without realising it. Anyway, hope you feel better soon.

www.parathyroid.com
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

VA, sorry the job didn't come through, but it sounds like you weren't that excited about it anyways. I'm sure something better will come along! And hope your throat problems get remedied soon too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    Hi VA, sorry about the job but I hope something better turns up soon.

...Oh, I know all about reflux, let me tell you! I've had it for the last 12 years and I have to be so careful with what I eat despite the medication. I haven't eaten a tomato in years and recently when I was ill with my gland problems, the reflus was even worse, so much so that I found it hard to swallow at times. I had hyperparathyroidism and got 3 glands removed recently plus two thyroid nodules so I was wondering if your problem might be something to do with the parathyroids. They control your whole system but GP's are notoriously reluctant to diagnose them through ignorance, I feel. Anyway, have a look at this webpage, particularly the symptoms page and see what you think. It might not be that but I've had such an awful time this last year, I've become convinced a lot of people suffer from parathyroidism without realising it. Anyway, hope you feel better soon.

www.parathyroid.com
    Thank you, DD, I've been meaning to ask you about this. I have an underactive thyroid, and the slight hoarseness I had previously was fixed when I took the medication, then it returned when the medication was reduced. More or less. It was only a week or so after the meds were reduced that I got the pneumonia, and since then, my voice has been extremely hoarse. I will look over the website and see what I think!
    VK

Border Troubadour

One other thing I forgot to mention, VA is about going on a gluten-free diet. Now, I know with reflux, it's hard enough to get nice things to eat as it is, but I found reducing as much gluten and caffeine from my diet as I could, reduced the inflammation in my throat big time.

Interesting, DD! The doctor didn't mention gluten. He asked about caffeine and I told him I'm very strict with it, and he didn't think it needed to be reduced. He did ask about fried foods, I don't eat much of that. He didn't ask about dairy, just told me to stop eating it. I figure I'll give that a try first. My brother has had issues with reflux and avoiding dairy worked for him so well he wondered if he had a lactose intolerance. In the event such a thing might be in the genes, so to speak, it might be a good starting point.

One thing I have definitely found out, Mexican food is off limits until this is resolved! I've tried all different kinds, salsa verde and regular salsa, etc. I had some at lunch today and my voice is basically non-existent at the moment!
    VK

Border Troubadour

Gosh - I forgot to mention that I haven't used milk, that is, cow's milk for years because it chokes me. I use soya instead and am just so used to it now it never occured to me to mention it. But everything I have researched suggests a direct link to gluten and any thyroid problems - and this is from sufferers themselves, not GPs who don't seem to have a clue. I know that from my own experience cutting it out as much as I could - without being too regimented - definitely helped reduce my throat inflammation which was so bad it felt like my oesophagus was on fire at times and that I had a lump in the back of my throat.

I don't know if any of this will help, VA, but if you want to know any more, don't hesitate to ask. Good luck, I know how horrible it is to feel so awful with no answers.

Oh yeah, there's no way I could eat anything spicey, despite a longing for a good Chinese
    Last edited by DivineDon; 04-24-2015 at 06:50 AM.

VA-So sorry to hear that you still have throat voice problems, doctors are unbelievably clueless sometimes, I really hope you'll get better soon
    I feel for you because of the job situation as well, I was hoping for a full time summer job as a home nurse but apparently they didn't need me after all

ss- it's good though that got a new reader

DD-How's your training going?

I missed so much!

unfortunately, I am not so often here like I would become with plesaure!

I can't read everything Sinne My Last visit here!

So much going on here and in My live!
    You are all in My Thoughts and prayers, still!

Short update:
    I still work at school, my sister marries in 3 months, till then a few more kilos of the hips have to go with me.
    My sister was pregnant, unfortunately she has lost the twins, like us!
    Another two narrow friends have died.
    However, here otherwise it goes well!

I hope of an Europen Eagles Tour! I have withdrawal symptoms!
    Last edited by Koala; 04-26-2015 at 04:15 AM.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)