Page 85 of 302 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Hey everybody
    Been trying to catch up
    Hard to use phone for this kinda stuff

Anyway last weds 12peco trucks w 12 crews from out of state blocked our street and it took all day to put the new pole in the ground restring all the live wires in the yard on the ground and remove the old broken pole . In the process we lost our internet cable and house phone . We were told by Verizon that it could take three weeks to "fix" it
    Yesterday three Verizon. Crews came in another snow storm but we are not hooked up god only knows what they did
    This is getting old fast
    I Am trying to be upbeat
    I am just so winter weary
    More snow coming on Tuesday
    Just shoot me now ......

I'm with you Tiffany. So done with this snow!!

Hopefully Verizon will compensate you for the days you lost service. That is very inconvenient.

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    Brooke - you can find it on Amazon. It is "Rockabye Baby! Lullaby Renditions of the Eagles". What is cool is that Rockabye Baby! has several cds with other artists. My sister loves Bon Jovi so I also got that one. Link is below....

http://www.amazon.com/Rockabye-Baby-...gles+lullabies

I should get it in about a week. I will let everyone know if it is worth buying.
    that's pretty cool! maybe I should get a copy for myself to help me get to sleep early! I have to be up at 5am most days and have a hard time getting enough sleep.
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

apparently I have been overpaying the escrow on my house payment. Yesterday I got a refund for 400$ Since I have been the one making the house payment, hubby says the refund is mine all mine. I am getting fitted for the right bra and going to buy 3-4 of some really nice bras. Then buying some nice tennis shoes. The rest is going to Christopher and banks. They have some really cool new jeans in. I have a 50$ gift card and then a 40% off one item card... Tomorrow should be a little FUN

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Have a fun shopping day 😃

Quote Originally Posted by sad-cafe View Post
    apparently I have been overpaying the escrow on my house payment. Yesterday I got a refund for 400$ Since I have been the one making the house payment, hubby says the refund is mine all mine. I am getting fitted for the right bra and going to buy 3-4 of some really nice bras. Then buying some nice tennis shoes. The rest is going to Christopher and banks. They have some really cool new jeans in. I have a 50$ gift card and then a 40% off one item card... Tomorrow should be a little FUN
    Nice! Getting $$ is always good! I got $92 from my escrow account as well. Christopher and Banks is a great store.

Sorry I haven't been here in a while. I finally got a new job. It's temp, hoping that it's long term; it just might be. I've also been taking care of other things as well. When I'm not working at my new job then I'm trying to get something going with my side business where I take and sell photos as well as design and sell my own brand of greeting cards.

I'm also working on another book, which is part of a series. I no longer am selling my first one thru NOOK and have decided to go with Amazon now. You can still find it here-
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00IHYDNLE

As far as Eagles-related activities, I did see Joe on the Beatles thing on TV last week and squealed like a little girl when he came onscreen! Some things never change! LOL!

Hope all of you are well!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    Brooke - you can find it on Amazon. It is "Rockabye Baby! Lullaby Renditions of the Eagles". What is cool is that Rockabye Baby! has several cds with other artists. My sister loves Bon Jovi so I also got that one. Link is below....

http://www.amazon.com/Rockabye-Baby-...gles+lullabies

I should get it in about a week. I will let everyone know if it is worth buying.
    Ok! Thanks HB! How did I not know about this?!

TT, hang in there! I'm feelin' for you and it sounds like you've had a terrible time with all this! Spring WILL come!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I hope the mess is clearing up, TT, hang in there!

Hello again - it's been awhile since I've been on this thread (even on the message board actually except for the Concert Pre-Anticipation thread the other day). I still see some familiar names and tons of old ones since I last was here.

Just a little bit of updates on my life - for whoever is interested. Be prepared - most is not happy stuff.

It's been a pretty tough year for me. I lost my sweet mom last March (almost a year already - so hard to believe) due to Alzheimers Disease. It's truly the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with thus far in my 50+ years. I still miss her every single day and something reminds me of her every single day. I'm convinced there was no sweeter lady on this earth and God blessed me so much to be her daughter. If any of you has dealt with or is currently dealing with a loved one who suffers from this horrid disease, my heart goes out to you. I was a co-facilitator for an Alzheimers support group for 8 years, but since mom passed, I just haven't been able to go back. I will at some point, as I feel like I can help others just like the members of the group helped me.

My dad is now alone in his house at almost 93. Well, he does have 24 hour caregivers, but mom is now gone, and he just lost his youngest brother in August from a heart attack. My brothers and I visit him often, but he never has much to say. He sleeps most of the time and has no interest in anything - except to watch old movies once in awhile. He doesn't even have much interest in his beloved Cincinnati Reds, but I'm still anxious for the season to start - maybe that will give him a little bit of pleasure. The terrible situation we are dealing with right now is finding a nursing home for dad. He isn't sick - he only takes two vitamins a day - but, he's almost out of money, and unfortunately, the caregivers don't work for free. In the past 4 years, we've gone through about $400,000 paying for his care. It feels almost criminal to me to have to move him out of the comfort of his home, simply because the money is running out. I still pray for a miracle every single day. I know often God doesn't give us what we ask for because his plan may be different than OUR plan. I know He also won't give me more than I can handle.... but I'm getting close to the breaking point. If you will, please keep dad in your prayers as we struggle with this new transition in his life.

Just about the only bright spot in my life right now is my 14 month old grandson, Cason. When my daughter told me she was pregnant two years ago (and still living at home with us), I was full of anxiety. Now I realize God certainly had a plan laid out. If not for this beautiful child, my grief over mom's death would have been so much greater. There's something to be said about a new life taking over after an old life passes on. God has truly blessed me with this grandchild. I know the day is coming when they will move out (which they should) - but for now, I'm enjoying every single moment.

My other blessing of course is my wonderful husband who is truly my rock. He's also the one who so generously bought the tickets for our Eagles concert in two weeks! Front row VIP no less!!! It's things like this that help to distract me from the stress in my life.

So - whew! that was long... don't know why I felt I needed to share - but I did anyway.

When I get some time, I want to go back through and catch up on YOUR lives.

Blessings to you all!

that was really moving,chaleymom, all good thoughts and strenght to your way!