Page 47 of 302 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

I'm very sorry to hear that, Kim. My best wishes to you and good luck in finding a new job.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangkim11 View Post
    I haven't been on this site for a while now. I've been busy trying to find a job. I was part of a 500 person massive layoff on 10/14 and I've been pounding the pavement (and computer keyboard) since then.

I've had a couple of interview but the world we live in now, you're competing against everyone and their brother for even the simplest job. I really try not to get my hopes up because every time I do, I'm disappointed by not getting a job that I'd been psyched about. I have good days and then I have low days.

I've applied for everything under the sun, you name it, I've got an application or a resume or both in there. I've learned very quickly that there are a lot of scams out there (the work-at-home field seems rife with scammers and come-ons that don't pan out to be worth half a damn.)

I'm grateful to actually get interviews but I seem to drop into a black hole after some have come and gone. I'm really trying hard to keep my spirits up.

Next week, I get to see the Eagles in Tampa but my initial excitement about going has cooled considerably due to the way my life has been going. I guess you could say that I've been really preoccupied trying to figure out how to keep my head above water. I did get severance but that ends on Dec 13th.

So, that's where I've been and why you all haven't seen me for some time.
    I'm so sorry to hear it. How frustrating and discouraging. I'm hoping for the best for you, and soon.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Kim - I'm so sorry to hear about your job loss. 500 people is massive. I will keep positive thoughts & prayers for you to find a job soon.

oh wow Kim...that is awful what you are going through...sending all good vibes to you...that something comes along soon...I know you will enjoy the show...it will cheer you up at least for one night!!!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Take care of yourself Kim. I hope something shows up soon. What do you do?

In the meantime enjoy the show in Tampa!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Troubadour

I'm also sorry to hear of ya redundancy and subsequent problems. Hopefully something will come up. At least you've got the Eagles did to look forward to.

In other news I didn't get the job, but they're taking steps to try and get an extra space in to accommodate me. Finishing second is annoying, I'd rather have finished last than there.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Kim, I'm so sorry to hear about the layoff. This is a very unsettled economy right now, and the end of the year is a tough time to find a job. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

TLR, I hope it works out for you!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Kim, I'm so sorry to hear about this and hope you find something soon.

tlr, best of luck to you too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

The type of work I do doesn't really fit into one category, which means I've worn a lot of hats in my working life. The last job was with a mortgage lender. The mortgage business in the USA is not the place to be, due to a lot of new regulations and things of that nature.

I attended an open house last night for a local tax business. (The owner is looking to fully staff four new stores.) 45 people showed up, most of them wearing ripped clothing and looking the worse for the wear. I was dressed in a brand new outfit that I paid a lot of money for as I'd already had a job interview earlier that day.

15 people were chosen by both the owner of this business and the manager of that particular store. I was one of the fifteen. I start 'tax school' Tues night and then I go Thurs and Fri nights as well. I don't have to go Wed when the Eagles show is. (This could not have worked out better. I also have a job interview on Tues afternoon, which I am still going to go to.

I don't know if my having a great outfit helped, it might have. I had a suit jacket on and looked very conservative. Also the owner asked each one of us to stand up, tell him our names and why we were there. I told him that I lost my job and was willing to start over in a stable industry and that I wanted to see how far I could rise within his company. He must have liked that.

I'm actually kind of excited to see where this all is going to take me. When I first began to look for another job, I vowed to keep an open mind and that I was more than ready for something new and different.

I'll keep you all posted on this.

Border Desperado The Thrill Is Never Gone's Avatar

Good luck to you Kim. I hope everything works out. I am also going to the concert in Tampa.