Page 11 of 302 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Troub, my heart goes out to you & your family. I will continue to keep all of you in my prayers. HH is right. Make sure that your mother looks after herself. I've seen & heard of so many cases where the caregiver gets worn out & even ill. It happened with my husband & his mom. He didn't get sick, but his doctor told him that he had to cut back or his would suffer greatly. Hang in there, I know that nothing about these situations is easy.

Troub, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandparents, and how quickly things have gone downhill. It may be that your Grandad has had a mini stroke to account for his deterioration - not much help, I know, but keeping his blood pressure controlled, checking he hasn't got a heart rate irregularity and that his blood sugar is ok would be useful. Your Mum must allow herself time off. Make sure your grandparents have all the benefits they are entitled to, especially attendance allowance, which can go towards professional carers who could give your Mum a break. I am thinking of you and know what you are going through. I'm so glad you had a wonderful time in Rhodes to recharge your batteries, and the challenge and rewards that your new job will bring.
    I went to stay with my sister at the weekend. She needs a hip replacement and is in a lot of pain, but I am really worried about her. Her short term memory is awful and she is fixated on the pain to the extent that she spent the whole weekend repeating how bad it was, and shuffling round with moans and groans. She doesn't take painkillers, but relies on hot water bottles. It would be unfair of me to list all the things that concerned me, but the biggest is that she is acting exactly like our mother when her dementia started, and she is only 59. I will support her as much as I can, but it's a three hour drive, and after two days with her my sanity was at stretching point.
    On a positive note, I was invited to a dinner tonight to mark the retirement of the consultant I worked with until two years ago. It was a lovely evening, catching up with old friends and colleagues in the nursing and medical profession. He is an avid cricket fan, and everyone had clubbed together to buy him a VIP day at one of the upcoming one day internationals between England and Australia - he was overwhelmed!
    To everyone here, thanks so much for your continuing support, and to everyone facing difficulties, know that we are all here for you.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Gef, so sorry about your sister. I hope she gets relief from the pain soon and I can just imagine how hard it was for you listening this. I'm glad you had a fun time at the dinner. What a nice thing for all of you to do for your friend.

Well, my news is......we are having a Grand SON! We are so excited and he will be my husband's late father's first great grandson to carry on the family name! The other greats are either girls or of a different last name! Our son's friends had a special 'reveal' party last night and they released balloons that were shot in the air releasing blue confetti! Lots of fun!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Congratulations!!! What a great idea to have an announcement party. I'm very happy for you, Brooke!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Brilliant idea Brooke and congratulations to your family on the impending son/ grandson.

GEF, your sisters symptoms sound exactly like Dads were before the hip replacement he had in 2010. Hopefully she will improve after the op.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

congradulations brooke...

such great news...

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Congratulations Brooke!! What wonderful news!!! I forgot when is the baby due?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    Congratulations Brooke!! What wonderful news!!! I forgot when is the baby due?
    January 14th!

Thanks everyone! We are all happy, happy, happy!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Awww, my nephew's baby girl is due at the end of January. Maybe in a few years we can get them together - LOL!! I had a onesie made for her that says "got eagles?"

Troub Keeping your family in my prayers. I hope your mom takes care of herself. I hope she is looking into any help that is available for her and your grandparents.
    GEF Sorry about your sister. Glad you had a nice dinner with old friends.
    Brooke Such wonderful news. I'm sure you would have been thrilled either way, but now you can have fun buying boy things. Best of luck to all.