Page 16 of 302 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

I'm glad you had a nice time, FP.

Again, I'm sorry for my lack of activity on The Border at the moment. The first week was a whirlwind, but I'm hoping to be better this week at making sure I leave school a bit earlier. The school is pretty demanding and very specific (read: picky!) about what they want, but they are also supportive and friendly in general, so it's not a bad place to be. It's just a lot to get to grips with at first. Anyway, I have had a lovely weekend and am almost ready to settle down for a good night's sleep ahead of the new week.

Something to make you smile... I am just finalising the table groups for my children and I have named them Lion, Bear, Wolf, Buffalo and... you guessed it... Eagle! I had to.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanny Twisted View Post
    fp.
    I am not traveling but everyone else is.
    Did I send the alaska ones .I forget?
    My neighbors just got back from pr..the little boys loved it.
    No; the last card & magnet I got from you were the Jersey Shore ones. Is PR Puerto Rico? I have nothing from there. Thank your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Sadler View Post
    I'm all for a teacher thread!

I'm in

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    No; the last card & magnet I got from you were the Jersey Shore ones. Is PR Puerto Rico? I have nothing from there. Thank your friends.
    ok..yes it is puerto rico...i thought i mailed the alaska stuff ..will have to look.
    the hosue is so clean i cant find a dam thing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    I'm glad you had a nice time, FP.

Again, I'm sorry for my lack of activity on The Border at the moment. The first week was a whirlwind, but I'm hoping to be better this week at making sure I leave school a bit earlier. The school is pretty demanding and very specific (read: picky!) about what they want, but they are also supportive and friendly in general, so it's not a bad place to be. It's just a lot to get to grips with at first. Anyway, I have had a lovely weekend and am almost ready to settle down for a good night's sleep ahead of the new week.

Something to make you smile... I am just finalising the table groups for my children and I have named them Lion, Bear, Wolf, Buffalo and... you guessed it... Eagle! I had to.
    Hi Troub! I can certainly understand how overwhelming it all must seem right now. I hope this week is a little less hectic and you can find a nice routine so that you can complete what you need to and leave at a reasonable time. I just hope you're not thinking, "What have I gotten myself into?" You have so many people rooting for you. I hope you can feel the positive vibes coming your way. And of course I love the names you've picked for the table groups. I hope they all do well, but I can't help cheering for the Eagles!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Oh Troub, I love your groups! Adorable! You are going to be a great teacher. The first few weeks are always a bit crazy. Hang in there it gets better.

agreed, routine will set in and pretty soon it will be Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then spring break then May.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Well, what's NOT happening in my life??

First, I'll say that to show how totally vain I can be, I drove all the way to VA (over 9 hours) and stayed at a hotel just to get my hair done by my regular hairdresser so I could go to the concert with hair I could count on. I also delivered a new laptop to one of my employees. That was 8/31 and 9/01 and then I drove to Pittsburgh (4.5 hrs) to my sister's. Had dinner and loaded dirt bikes on my brand new truck and then went to Somerset, an hour back in the direction I'd just come from.

Sunday and Monday I did family things, then rushed to Mom's late Monday from my brothers to do laundry for the Seattle trip. HER WASHER STOPPED WORKING ON THE SPIN CYCLE! She tried drying them anyway and that broke the dryer, so I was up at 5:30 on Tuesday to go to my Dad's and do them there and they had their hot and cold water switched on their washer! We fixed that and I used their dryer, then headed to Baltimore, MD to catch my flight (booked before I moved to KY). Along the way I had to call in for work meeting that didn't go well and took 1.5 hours. Before leaving KY, my manager offered me an air card so I could literally work from anywhere on my vacation. Sweet. I got to Seattle in to the hotel around 11pm ET and much later when I went to bed.

I had a great time in Seattle, even though I had to work a lot and field phone calls and texts all day. The concert was so super fantastic that it was all worth it. I flew back to Baltimore and sat in construction traffic at 10:30pm for an hour to drive to VA to stay with friends. I do not miss DC-area traffic.

I went to a friend's house for a party, had a great time. Went to see old neighbors and saw my old house. I wasn't nearly as nostalgic as I would have thought.

Today, I drove back to KY, all 9 hours in one day. Listened to my beloved Steelers get their butts handed to them by the Titans as I drove. Kept track of the score of the Pirates' game where they were once again humiliated by the Cardinals (Kudos to Brooke). Just as I was thinking the day couldn't get much worse, the car in front me ran over road debris (or something flew off it) and smashed into my windshield WHILE I WAS TRAVELING 80+ MPH. I'm damn lucky to be alive. The windshield and wiper on the drivers side is 'totalled'. I managed to get it off the highway and called Geico. They didn't seem to care that I was stranded alongside an interstate three feet from traffic that was moving at 70+mph and asked a lot of stupid questions for 45 minutes before realizing I needed a tow truck (idiots). I finally got to my house about an hour ago and I very definitely realize that it could have been much worse. As it is, it will all be paid for with no deductible, and only the windshield and wiper arm were damaged. Thank God! Otherwise there are no scratches on the new truck.

I do have to say, I put 1800 miles on that new truck in ten days, and all that traveling doesn't count the flying miles to Seattle and back, plus all the walking we did while in Seattle. It goes without saying that I'm exhausted!

Soda asked me in a text message if it was all worth it, the time with family and friends, and of course our guys. HECK YEAH!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

VA - I'm so glad that you have made your way back home safely after all those miles. I will put in an extra thank you tonight in my prayers that the truck incident was not worse. You are right, it could have been disastrous. Get a good night's sleep & I hope this week is a little calmer!

VA - Sorry to hear about the truck. Glad you weren't hurt or anyone else.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."