Page 174 of 302 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

BF and GA, sorry to hear of your losses. You are both in my prayers. BF, good luck with the move!

TK, congrats on the one year anniversary!

SS, even though I've lived less than two hours from Nashville, I've never been there. I keep thinking I'll go there for a day or weekend, but I never do. This weekend I'm considering going to Cincinnati on Saturday to see my Pirates play, but I'll see how the rest of the week pans out.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

oh boy what a day! I've been moving and organising my stuff since noon and I'm also worrying about my first internship because I haven't been able to reach my supervisor. Fortunately I'm pretty much settled now and the shared apartment seems nice enough. I still have an exam to study to so no free evening for me."sigh"

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Study hard BF! And good luck on your exam.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    SS, even though I've lived less than two hours from Nashville, I've never been there. I keep thinking I'll go there for a day or weekend, but I never do. This weekend I'm considering going to Cincinnati on Saturday to see my Pirates play, but I'll see how the rest of the week pans out.
    Seriously!? I suppose when it's close you don't do stuff - always another day. Well, we're there 3 days at the start of our holiday. Going to Louisville too and from there plans are up in the air.

So - are you in Tennessee? Anything you recommend there?

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2014...-backlash.html

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    SS - if you are going to Memphis TN to see Graceland, I highly recommend also taking the Sun Studios tour which is around the downtown area. Soda, Dreamer and I took that tour last year and it was very informative and great fun. You can stand in the same spot that Elvis stood when he recorded there.

Also there is a wonderful bar-b-que restaurant in Memphis called Corky's - LOVE it!
    Thanks, HB. I used to be a big Elvis fan when I was younger so sounds like a plan.

Might not do everything on offer at Graceland as it all adds up but definitely some of it.

SS
    xx

Dreamer and I just did the basic tour of Graceland and that tour included the home and grounds including the burial sites and the museum which displays his clothes, records and memorabilia. That was plenty enough to see. I think we were there over 3 hours. I like that the tour is at your own pace and they will let you take as many photos as you want. We did not do the plane or car museum.

If you are or were an Elvis fan you will enjoy it.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by secret squirrel View Post
    Seriously!? I suppose when it's close you don't do stuff - always another day. Well, we're there 3 days at the start of our holiday. Going to Louisville too and from there plans are up in the air.

So - are you in Tennessee? Anything you recommend there?

SS
    xx
    Actually, I'm just south of Louisville! For Louisville, if you're interested in such things, there's the Louisville Slugger museum and factory tour. If you're there on the weekend and young enough to appreciate it, there's 4th Street Live on Friday and Saturday nights, a lot of restaurants and bars and outside entertainment. Of course, there's the Churchill Downs (Kentucky Derby) museum. Lastly, since Kentucky is the bourbon capital of the world, you need to do the bourbon trail. There's the urban bourbon trail in Louisville, and the real distilleries like Jim Beam, Makers Mark, etc.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I lived in Memphis for three years and am still in the area. You should be aware that it's a four hour drive from Nashville to Memphis, so if you're going to visit Memphis, make it a day trip. HB has already given you the low-down, I see, on the best places to go!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Our operations center is having our annual silent auction to raise $ for our Christmas party. So this year I am putting together an EAGLES theme basket. So far it contains a bottle of Peaceful Easy Feeling wine, 2 individual serving bottles of Pink Champagne, 2 Eagles coasters, Felder's Heaven and Hell book and The Very Best of Eagles cd. What food item (s) should I put with it? Any EAGLES related food items that y'all can think of for it?

This is the write up for it..........

Had a bad week at work, too much "Life in the Fast Lane"? "Get Over It"! And if you can't "Take It to the Limit" on your credit card and check into "Hotel California" then "Take it Easy" this weekend with the EAGLES. By Monday you will feel like the "New Kid in Town" with that "Peaceful Easy Feeling".

The auction is in a couple of weeks. So any ideas are appreciated.

Very cool HB....I remember a while back we had a thread on Eagles-themed food like Heartache Tonight chili and such....not real creative with food (I'm better at eating it than making it ) so I'm gonna leave that one to someone else.