Page 177 of 302 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227277 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Awh Austin, hope you are 100% soon dude, stay well!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Hope your foot heals up soon Austin!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Are you doing better, Austin? Do you have a cast on? Were you doing something interesting when you broke it, or should we make up something?

Last night after work, I had to go up to Louisville for a meet and greet 'icebreaker' event for the conference my company is holding. The cool thing about it (besides free drinks and food) was that we were to wear the jersey of our favorite team. For me, this was like asking someone to choose their favorite child! I couldn't choose, so I wore my Pens jersey (Sidney Crosby, the best hockey player in the league), a Pirates ball cap, and Steeler socks, ponytail holder, button, and even a Steeler band aid on my hand. Yes, I have Steeler Band Aids!

Today, though, I had to drive back up and be there at 8am, then sit in conference hell until after 6pm, then drive back. Tomorrow I get to do the same except it will last until after 6:30 or 7:00. It was freezing in the room we were in. I had on two shirts, although not with long sleeves and ended up going out to the truck and getting my MSG Eagles sweatshirt, which is pretty heavy, and wearing it. I was still cold, so I just unearthed the winter sweaters for tomorrow. I'm very definitely looking forward to Friday, and it's for a lot more than heading to Vegas!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

VA - I wish I was...

The story goes - I woke up the day of my Birthday (13th of September) with SEVERE foot pain... I did nothing the night before and nothing recent that I could think of. I thought it was tendonitis or something....it kept getting worse. Then I went to my primary and he did an xray which he said was fine.... STILL not getting any better and noticed some severe swelling starting to creep up so last week I went to a podiatrist as I wasn't satisfied with my doctors answer, and he did xrays standing and he said it was a clean break, not a stress fracture or crack. I broke the 2nd metatarsal bone in my left foot in half....he has no clue why my regular doc didn't see this. It has now bruised up and started to show its true colors.

I'm in a walking boot anytime I'm not in bed or in the shower, which is a pain in the butt, but if these bones displace further, surgery will be happening in the next 2 months. I have to wear the boot for 8 weeks and then I'll know if surgery is needed. He said I have early osteoporosis in my feet which probably contributed. I'm a slow healer in all regards, so I am concerned about these bones. If they don't heal right, a pin will be needed to solidify them.

I still have NO idea what the world happened and have spent hours pondering what happened, so go ahead with the stories!

Must be a major pain in the butt Austin, I'm sending healing vibes out to you.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Austin, hope the foot is getting better. Take it easy, please!

I've just had a very exciting long girls weekend in New York City! A snl called me a week ago yesterday to see if I wanted to go and that it was actually a surprise for one of her daughters. (She knew I had always wanted to go there and thought of asking me!) Her boyfriend was going to propose to her in the Strawberry Fields area of Central Park on Friday. Somehow he managed to come up with the idea and with his family helping, pulled it all off! She travels a lot for her job, so she could fly free and his mother came up with the idea (supposedly) of a girls weekend in NYC. Everyone scrambled to get air tickets which really weren't too bad in price. Her group arrived there about 3 hours before his group. They took her to the park and we showed up with him. He walked up behind her, put his arm around her and when she looked at him and it registered who he was, she just about died! She was completely dumbfounded when she saw him and he got down on one knee and proposed in front of all of us. (10 other women!) So sweet!

After that excitement we went to see a few of the sights. The Freedom Tower and museum, (awesome) Grand Central Station, and we went up to the 86th floor of the Empire State Building Saturday evening! That was beautiful, seeing the city all lit up all around it! And we definitely used the subway! Thankfully we had a girl with us that knew something about it! Otherwise we would have paid taxis dearly! A very fun, but exhausting weekend!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

oh what a romantic story and fun weekend, lucky you and your snl Brooke

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

What an awesome weekend Brooke!! Sounds like you had a great time!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Here's a video of my niece's proposal! So sweet!

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

I think he's a keeper to plan this all out! Young love!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Very nice story and video, Brooke!