Page 278 of 302 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Well she may have been born on April Fools day but she is no fool!! I have seen her business page on FB. Of course if you had been on holidays in Ireland at the time it would have been the 2nd..... Only sayin' as we say here. I cant believe you have a 38 year old daughter, you look so young yourself Brooke. Hope she and you all had a lovely day.
    Ga, you are so sweet! Thank you! She is coming home tomorrow so we can properly celebrate. Last weekend she had a big, big catering job and couldn't make it. She did really well with it too! We are very proud of her!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

jms - hope your cat is doing well..
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

My cat Ashton ended up having to have 3 teeth removed. He broke 1 right next to the one I knew about plus a molar had developed a hole and would have eventually cracked. They gave him a long acting pain shot and a diet of wet food only for the week.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Hope Ashton has a quick and easy recovery, Joy.

I saw a therapist on Wednesday. It was just an initial visit, with a bunch of questions. I'll start regularly seeing one in 2 weeks.

I also saw the cardiologist yesterday afternoon. The monitoring came back normal. The EKG showed a minor leaking valve. I don't need any surgery or even medicine for the time being, but I will have to see a cardiologist a few times a year, and have an EKG done every few years. This is to be precautionary and keep an eye on the valve, to see if it gets worse as I age.

I have college orientation and advisement this coming Thursday, so I'm gearing up for that. I find hard to believe that in a month and a half, I'll be in college.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

AG95 - Best of luck with everything.

------

Since I didn't go to Florida in March because of my health scare, I'm taking a mini vacation next week to Burlington, IA. They have an arcade there and more importantly, a vinyl record store with lots of choices. Ever since my local guy left I've been having withdrawals.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Kim good luck with college. I see my cardiologist every 3 months now. He just checks heart rate & blood pressure now. It is sure better than having to go every month like I did last year & certainly less expensive! Those co-pays!
    Going to see my orthopedic doctor Monday, new guy & don't know exactly where he is located but thank goodness for GPS.
    Sitting here drinking a second cup of coffee waiting for my laundry to get done while trying to keep my eyes open. I swore I wouldn't watch Formula 1 qualifying last night since it started at 2:00 AM but I did and it lasted until 5. Cats woke me up at 7:30 demanding food service!
    I promised my son I wouldn't watch the race early tomorrow morning nor would I check twitter or facebook. He is coming over after work tomorrow to watch with me...I can not peek...well maybe the start but that's it...I hope!

WalshFan enjoy your vinyl hunt.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

AG, I think you'll do very well in college. You're so smart.

This past weekend, I had my first experience in a recording studio, making a demo for a song I wrote. I'm glad I got through it and wasn't too nervous. The results... usable (for a class I'm taking) but somewhat like when you're trying on swimsuits and see yourself in the three-way mirror! Your faults and areas where you need to improve are writ large. No escaping or denying it.

Onward and (hopefully) upward though...

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    AG, I think you'll do very well in college. You're so smart.

This past weekend, I had my first experience in a recording studio, making a demo for a song I wrote. I'm glad I got through it and wasn't too nervous. The results... usable (for a class I'm taking) but somewhat like when you're trying on swimsuits and see yourself in the three-way mirror! Your faults and areas where you need to improve are writ large. No escaping or denying it.

Onward and (hopefully) upward though...
    Wow, that is super-cool, NMB! I just knew you were a talented vixen!! 🎸

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

You're so sweet, LuvTim. Thank you for your kindness.

I got positive feedback from my classmates and the engineer in the studio. The latter said my song reminded him of Joni Mitchell, but truly the only comparison between me and La Mitchell is that we both smoke and are deeply neurotic.

I had hoped to send the mp3 around to a few friends but I'm too embarrassed about my voice. I'm going to sign up for a vocal course next.

Border Desperado

NMB, Congrats for making a demo of your song! Any comparison to Joni is great. What is the theme?