Page 285 of 302 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289295 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Hoping for the best for each of you.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I understand what you're all going through too. My Papa had memory issues too, not full dementia, but adding on with him in a wheelchair, his heart issues, and his prostrate cancer it was just bad at the end before he passed. My Granny was nine years younger and they lived with my uncle (she still does) so they were better able to care for him with us helping out too when we could. Luckily my other grandparents who are the same age my Papa was hasn't been affected like that memory wise, but my Grandma did fall recently and they too refuse to leave their house or get help.

Now though my Granny is finally getting more help with her RA and going to have reconstructive surgery on her feet, one this year and one next year. She put off a lot of possible surgeries they could have done so she could take care of my Papa, but now she's said it's time to take care of herself. Her hands can't be worked on but she's taught herself again how to do everything and use her hands the way they are now. But the feet she needs done to still walk. Seeing what's happened to her hands and feet it makes me in a way feel glad Glenn's didn't progress that far.

Plus, my Mom is finally going to be tested for RA too in August since she's starting to develop some sort of arthritis in her hands and joints and my Granny notices it's similar to hers. The weird thing is my Mom will be 53 and that's how old my Granny was when she was diagnosed. It can be hereditary but my Granny didn't know of any relatives before her having it but if my Mom does that'll mean her siblings, my brother, cousins, and I will always have to keep an eye out as we age.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I lost my grandfather last night around 8 o'clock . At least he's not suffering anymore. 92 is not an age to sneeze at, though. This week is going to be extremely long and tough because of dealing with his death and making final preparations for college. I really don't feel like messing with college right now, but it was to be done. He was the last of my 4 grandfathers still living.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Oh, Kim, I'm so sorry.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Kim I am so sorry for your loss. I know what an integral part of your family he was. At least he is at peace and had a fine long life. Sending you hugs.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'm so sorry Kim. Sending prayers for you and your family.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Kim, so sorry to hear about your grandfather. But at least he is at peace now and yes, he had a long life. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Thanks everyone . Your thoughts and prayers mean a lot. My mom, grandmother, and her son are making the funeral arrangements now.( I probably won't be very active tomorrow or Wednesday.) As I said about this time yesterday, his passing is a terrible relief. He's not suffering and he had a long life, but he will be missed by a lot of people.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

So sorry to hear about your grandfather. You're in my thoughts. Take care of yourself as you grieve.

Sorry to hear about your Granddad AG
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"