Page 286 of 302 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Sympathy to you Kim on the loss of your grandfather.

Oh Kim I am so sorry. As sad as it is right now you know he is no longer in pain. Trust me they don't want to live life like that. Remember the good times & leave the past year or 2 out. If you need to talk I am here.

Today would have been my 36th wedding anniversary. I had my cry in bed this morning but now I need to get finished with breakfast, shower & get ready for physical therapy. I just hope my kid comes over & spends time with me tonight but I doubt it. Time to deal with life.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thinking of you, jms.

This morning I took my mom to her diabetes dr. checkup. She is doing much better since moving to the assisted living place. She's lost 14 pounds and her A1C is down to 7.2 from 12 last October. Control over what she was eating seems to work. She asked me to get her a candy bar on the way back! Had to say no though. I guess you crave it when you can't have it at all and have no way to get it. She had one Saturday, so no need to let it become a habit again, but having something once in a while is ok.

Memory is no better though!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Kin, I'm sorry about your grandfather but now you can start to think of him as he was before the dementia and other illnesses. A 90 year-old friend explained to me that although he planned to live to 110, if he was to die sooner, he was ready and he'd had a good life.Take care of yourself.

jms, I hope your son comes to see you tonight but if not, we're here.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Sorry to hear about your grandfather Kim. I'm afraid I cannot relate to your situation as one of my grandfathers passed away before I was born and the other died when I was very small. And sorry to hear about you as well jms.

As you may know I haven't been around here much lately (I am well aware that I missed some very interesting threads that I intend to reply to in time, but haven't got time to lately) and this is because I have a hectic run of exam papers. For some reason on Bob Dylan's birthday (24th May) I almost invariably have to take an exam (the only time in the last six years when I haven't was last year, when the 24th was a Sunday - I even had a Saturday paper on this day two years ago! ) and today was no different. Not gone too badly so far, although I still have quite a lot to do as I've got a couple more papers to do. Once they are out of the way, I should hopefully be back more often within the next week or so.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Thanks again for the support everyone. The viewing or visitation was tonight (or technically last night as the clock has just struck midnight). The funeral is tomorrow morning. I had a hard time seeing him there because the visitation was open casket. He didn't look anything like the "Pop" I knew. The funeral home and the room he was in is the same one that my dad's was 9 years ago. Being there opened a floodgate of memories, which made me even sadder. My mom is taking his death very hard, and it has taken its toll on her. I think that I speak for most of the family when I saw we're ready for tomorrow to be in the past.

I'll be glad when Thursday is over with because then I'll have 3 free days to grieve and clear my head before Tuesday.

Joy, I hope that your son did come.

Brooke, glad that your mom is doing at bit better.

And Jonny, I hope that you ace those exam papers!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

sorry for your loss Kim, I'm sending good vibes your way

Border Troubadour

My condolences, AG95 on your loss. I've only just read this thread now so sorry I didn't post sooner.

...and to everyone else struggling at the moment, keep strong!
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

My condolences, Kim.

Will you be living at home while you attend college? Good luck to you.

I'm fighting with my evil mortgage company today and then flying up to N.C. on Friday for my nephew's memorial service.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    My condolences, Kim.

Will you be living at home while you attend college? Good luck to you.

I'm fighting with my evil mortgage company today and then flying up to N.C. on Friday for my nephew's memorial service.

Yes, I'll be living at home. The college doesn't have dorms, and I can't afford an apartment. Plus, I'll be attending all 3 can!puses, which are all in three different cities.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time