Page 290 of 302 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I've been in some pain thanks to my wisdom teeth finally deciding to come in. Feels weird being almost thirty and they're just now bothering me as I remember friends getting them out in high school. I've always been fearful of going to the dentist and don't have dental insurance so this is not going to be fun. But I have to and will be nice not having to deal with this pain.
    That happened to me, when I was about your age. I didn't know what was happening, then the new teeth came through.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Best of luck in adjusting to your new home and life. I wish your dad the best. I don't know what it's like to move, but I am still adjusting to college, so I can understand in that aspect.

Buffy, I had my wisdom teeth taken out 2 years ago. One of mine had a bad cavity, so the oral surgeon decided to remove all 3 of mine(my bottom right tooth never came in). The surgery was worth it to get rid of the pain, though the first few days of recovery were hard for me. I hope everything works out and the bill isn't too much.

I've adjusted fairly well to college now.(it's obviously cut into the time I spend on here.) I'm still a bit apprehensive and have some anxiety, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was. All of my teachers are great and very helpful, which is what has helped me out the most. I've got a rhythm going with the online classes. The only problem I've had is sleeping. My sleep pattern is all out of whack. I'm only getting about 5 hours of sleep each night, which is making me feel horrible.

I got the results of the biopsys I had done a few weeks ago. I do have Celiac's Disease, which means that I really need to cut out most, if not all, wheat products. I know that I won't be able to cut it all due to the prices of gluten free products, and having to eat whatever there is to eat at college or at home sometimes. I'll just have to watch it more than I have been.

My mom is healing well from the insect bite. My uncle still doesn't know what caused the near heart attack. I think he's supposed to get more tests done soon.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

AG, I'm still thinking of you and wishing you well each day. It's good to know that you're feeling better about school and that your mom is improving.

Buffy, good luck at the dentist!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

It's good that you got the diagnosis so that now you know what the issue is. Quite a lot of Irish people have Coeliac (it's the country with the highest incidence in the world) so we have a lot of Gluten Free (GF!!) food options on menus and in shops. You really need to stay off ALL gluten products or your intestines will really suffer as you get older. Can your public health system give you financial help if you find these products are too costly for you?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    It's good that you got the diagnosis so that now you know what the issue is. Quite a lot of Irish people have Coeliac (it's the country with the highest incidence in the world) so we have a lot of Gluten Free (GF!!) food options on menus and in shops. You really need to stay off ALL gluten products or your intestines will really suffer as you get older. Can your public health system give you financial help if you find these products are too costly for you?

There's very little gluten free items here.It's not cost effective for stores to have gf products. There's help for food in general, which I do qualify for, but it's not a lot (for 2 people). My mom won't eat any gf products because she thinks that they'll taste horrible. Because of this, I have to eat wheat because we can't afford to buy 2 different items that is the same product.
    -Kim-

Border Desperado

I have the privilege of spending the rest of the month visiting my son and his family. I get to baby sit (or "grandparent" as I prefer to call it) my two grandchildren ages 10 years and 9 weeks. It is a difficult day for my daughter in law. She had to go back to work since her 9 weeks maternity leave is over.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Thanks everyone. I can't get in till Monday but we'll figure out what to do then. The pain actually has gone done somewhat but the wisdom tooth that's bothering me is pretty much in but it's not facing the right way and feels like it's trying to cut into my cheek. Out of the four one I get to keep since it took the place of a molar I had pulled as a teenager with my braces, but this 2nd one has to go now. The other two still haven't emerged so hopefully I'll get some options.

Thinking of you too AG.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    There's very little gluten free items here.It's not cost effective for stores to have gf products. There's help for food in general, which I do qualify for, but it's not a lot (for 2 people). My mom won't eat any gf products because she thinks that they'll taste horrible. Because of this, I have to eat wheat because we can't afford to buy 2 different items that is the same product.
    GA is right, AG, you have to cut out gluten completely if you're coeliac. I have gluten intolerance but am not fully coeliac. There is a good choice of GF food here but it is expensive. My advice to you is to contact the Coeliac Association in the US and get them to advise you regarding your diet, any benefits towards your food and maybe even recipes you can follow which would be cheaper and tastier in the long run. GF bought food can be hit and miss though things have definitely improved here anyway. If you don't cut it out completely your organs will be effected in years to come and you'll regret it so you have to be vigilant. You'll find that your energy levels, mood swings and whole system will improve which will help you with your college work so think about it seriously. I had to cut it out because it made me so ill - it's hard but it will be worth it.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

AG good luck to you. Hopefully you can get the gf food you need.

Buffy, good luck at the dentist!

WKM, have fun with your grands! Mine is coming home today and has been gone 2 weeks. Can't wait to see the little stinker!

Please remember my brother and his wife in your prayers. They were involved in a motorcycle accident last night. Both were taken to two different hospitals and are going to be ok, but it was pretty scary. My brother is out and only suffered a broken thumb on one hand and broken little finger on the other besides bad road scrapes. My sister n law is much worse. She has broken ribs, broken wrist, cracked vertebra, broken shoulder, and two small brain bleeds. She will be ok, but long recovery. He said he looked up and a truck was turning left in front of them and he took the ditch to avoid hitting it.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    GA is right, AG, you have to cut out gluten completely if you're coeliac. I have gluten intolerance but am not fully coeliac. There is a good choice of GF food here but it is expensive. My advice to you is to contact the Coeliac Association in the US and get them to advise you regarding your diet, any benefits towards your food and maybe even recipes you can follow which would be cheaper and tastier in the long run. GF bought food can be hit and miss though things have definitely improved here anyway. If you don't cut it out completely your organs will be effected in years to come and you'll regret it so you have to be vigilant. You'll find that your energy levels, mood swings and whole system will improve which will help you with your college work so think about it seriously. I had to cut it out because it made me so ill - it's hard but it will be worth it.
    I have an appointment in 2 weeks to see my GI doctor again, so I'll talk to him about this.Like I said, I don't have many options for gf items. Walmart and Publix both have a few small shelves of them, but I only go to them once a month for groceries. I do buy gluten free snack items that only I like. The small cafe at the campus for my summer classes serves mostly food with gluten (sandwiches and the like. I don't know about the other 2 campuses.) I will look up that association and see what they can offer. For now, until grocery day, i will just try to limit my intake when I can. I've already missed 2 days of college due to flare-ups of this problem and IBS, so something must be done.

Brooke, your brother and sister in law are in my thoughts snd prayers.
    -Kim-