Page 292 of 302 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

You are never going to get better if you keep injesting what makes you sick.
    like gluten and wheat .

I have a true gluten allergy .I do Not eat it .
    You can talk to food services they will help
    At the hospital
    They got in g freebread
    Snacks and bars
    Watch your in take of soy which is used as a Substitute ,it can be hard on your digestion tol

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Brooke, very sorry to hear about your family. I hope they recover soon.

AG95, good luck adjusting to a gluten-free diet. I can relate to this because as a child was highly sensitive to gluten and switching to a GF diet made me a lot healthier and happier. I've become less sensitive as I've got older but even now it does slow me down somewhat if I have significant amounts. Even doing small things does help, like removing the bun from burgers (I still do this if I need to be particularly alert).

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Thanks for the advice and well wishes on starting a gluten free diet, everyone. I'm trying to stay away from it, but it's hard, especially since I live with someone who doesn't understand and won't budge on buying even a few gf items that aren't just for me. I have tried talking to my mom twice since my diagnosis about this, but she won't listen. My uncle does understand, so I'll have some stuff at his house. It's even harder for me to control it when eating out. After my only class of the day on Monday, my mom drove to Pizza Hut without asking me. She then wondered why I only ate 2 small slices of pizza. She scoffed when I told her why, said "why can't you be normal?". It's an up hill battle to say the least. I'll have to buy some gf stuff with my money when I can.

Joy, college is going fairly well. I have all As so far, but I was dropped from 2 classes due to missing the first 2 classes of both because of the flare-ups. I could've reenrolled since I do have a medical excuse, but I decided not to. My other 4 classes are keeping me pretty busy, so I don't want more work added with only 5 weeks left in the semester I can take the 2 classes at a later date. Right now, I'm busy with first drafts of 2 essays, one for English class and the other for my class in southern Gothic fiction, plus a reading assignment for English and a project for my computer class.

Brooke, I hope your SnL is doing better.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

One of mine and my brother's high school friends just revealed to us he has testicular cancer and it's already started to spread. It totally shocked us since he just turned 30 a couple months ago and he's the first in our graduating class to have cancer. His mother died from it about 10 years ago and he's got a little boy himself. It's just so sad and I'm hoping and praying he can beat this.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

So sorry, Buffy. I have a distant relative that had it many years ago and is doing fine today, so hopefully, he can beat it. Prayers for him.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

AG: pleased to hear that college is going well.

Buffy: sorry to hear about your friend.

I'm sitting here in the kind of country where politicians get assassinated. Yesterday I wouldn't have thought that. A real shock, and so sad for her, her family, and the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    I'm sitting here in the kind of country where politicians get assassinated. Yesterday I wouldn't have thought that. A real shock, and so sad for her, her family, and the country.
    That was such a terrible thing to happen - makes you afraid to have an opinion on anything at the moment. Thinking of her and her family today.
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L101 View Post
    That was such a terrible thing to happen - makes you afraid to have an opinion on anything at the moment. Thinking of her and her family today.
    Maybe not appropriate in this thread, but as of today in the United Kingdom, hatred, racism, and xenophobia is winning. Not just the tragic events of today, but in a wider context. I fear that we are in a situation as a country where we are failing to learn from history and seriously risk repeating some of the worst of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    Maybe not appropriate in this thread, but as of today in the United Kingdom, hatred, racism, and xenophobia is winning. Not just the tragic events of today, but in a wider context. I fear that we are in a situation as a country where we are failing to learn from history and seriously risk repeating some of the worst of it.
    So sorry and sad to hear of this.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Thanks everyone. I hope they're able to treat him too and he'll beat it.

I saw that on the news about her and what happened in the UK. So sad.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."