Page 35 of 302 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

happy first bday to baby luke who turned one to day
    sweet baby boy cant believe the year passed right on by
    so glad I was with you when you heard your first eagles song on the radio in the car ..lol hotel California and you were dancing in your car seat
    heres to another great year of adventures

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Awww he really is the Eagles boy. His parents (and grandma) taught him right!! LOL. Man time does fly by for sure. Happy birthday to your little Luke!!! And to many more!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

I work with Lukes Mom..have for 8 years.
    She lost one baby before she got pregnant with Luke not expecting it...they told her she would have a hard time conceiving.
    I told her to never lose her faith in God and continued to light candles to st monica and surprise later she was pregnant with Luke.
    She honored me by asking me to be one of his Godmother "s so I would be able to share with him my great faith and love as she put it when she asked me. So this lucky baby is surrounded by love of family and friends.
    When I thanked his grandmother yesterday for welcoming us in to her home to celebrate his special birthday she said to me "You and Mike are family.."
    So...olm13 it is I who is blessed....
    and I am so happy that our first eagles song was hc.....he loves music and he dances....too funny...Jahh is gonna teach him the guitar when he gets older...something his late grandfather did...

I have not spent much time on the board these past few months so I am very behind in what is going on in everyone's lives.
    This is mainly because I have been going through my own personal hell with a man that put me through so much crap, that it nearly destroyed me.

Those of you who are my friends on Facebook, may have heard bits & pieces of it, but I want to warn all of you about who you may meet on internet dating sites....I had been tired of being alone & there are not many opportunities to meet people especially at my age, so I started actively looking for dates on POF. I had joined about 3 years ago, but never really did much with it until a few months ago....Well, I did meet someone that I was very attracted to & being vulnerable, I fell hard for this guy. He took me on a torture trip, that I can't even get into. He told me so many lies, & I bought into it all, played head games, on text messages & in person. I mean the guy is seriously in need of help. I think he must be Bi-polar or even a sociopath. I can't remember being so hurt & tortured by a man.

I am trying hard to put this terrible experience behind me, but I am still having a hard time with it. I can't sleep & lost 8 pounds, which I had not been able to lose for a year. I guess by the time the Eagles get to NYC, I will be one skinny girl...I swear that I felt like I was having a nervous breakdown from this guy.
    I just want to warn all of you out there, that there are a lot of twisted men on these websites, so if you are considering internet dating, just be really careful & protect yourself, & don't believe everything someone tells you.
    Today, I am watching Eagles Christchurch concert to cheer me up & it's helping! Thanks for letting me vent! My friends have been supportive, but they saw all the warning signs that I ignored.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I have not spent much time on the board these past few months so I am very behind in what is going on in everyone's lives.
    This is mainly because I have been going through my own personal hell with a man that put me through so much crap, that it nearly destroyed me.

Those of you who are my friends on Facebook, may have heard bits & pieces of it, but I want to warn all of you about who you may meet on internet dating sites....I had been tired of being alone & there are not many opportunities to meet people especially at my age, so I started actively looking for dates on POF. I had joined about 3 years ago, but never really did much with it until a few months ago....Well, I did meet someone that I was very attracted to & being vulnerable, I fell hard for this guy. He took me on a torture trip, that I can't even get into. He told me so many lies, & I bought into it all, played head games, on text messages & in person. I mean the guy is seriously in need of help. I think he must be Bi-polar or even a sociopath. I can't remember being so hurt & tortured by a man.

I am trying hard to put this terrible experience behind me, but I am still having a hard time with it. I can't sleep & lost 8 pounds, which I had not been able to lose for a year. I guess by the time the Eagles get to NYC, I will be one skinny girl...I swear that I felt like I was having a nervous breakdown from this guy.
    I just want to warn all of you out there, that there are a lot of twisted men on these websites, so if you are considering internet dating, just be really careful & protect yourself, & don't believe everything someone tells you.
    Today, I am watching Eagles Christchurch concert to cheer me up & it's helping! Thanks for letting me vent! My friends have been supportive, but they saw all the warning signs that I ignored.
    TK, so sorry to hear this. I did see bits and pieces on FB, but I haven't been on FB much lately, either and so I missed some things. I have friends that have used online dating services and it's worked out for them, but unfortunately the general rule has been either losers or psychos like you seem to have found. I hope you get over it soon, and just focus on the things in your life that are going right. Your job, your friends, etc. He's the one who lost out, not you...
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I figured it must be something like that. Sorry to hear about it - men, who needs 'em?!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

so sorry to hear ellen..just though you were uber busy at work.

please don't beat yourself up about it just learn and move on and be a wiser chickie from the whole episoide.
    time to concentrate on the positive things in your life and look at how great a person you are.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I figured it must be something like that. Sorry to hear about it - men, who needs 'em?!
    They can be useful for killing bees, but not always.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

va you always make me laugh..

Thanks for the support everyone. It really helps to talk about it sometimes.
    I am trying to just focus on the positive & forget this lunatic because he wasn't worth it!
    I tell you I have never crossed paths with anyone so crazy in my life, & I can't believe I was so stupid, but I'm just glad it's OVER.

Now, I have Eagles concerts to look forward to, & I hope I get to see all of you that are coming to the Fri & Sat. shows!!!