Page 46 of 302 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Wishing you all the best. I have known a few couples giving love a 2nd chance. Sometimes we just have to get the bugs worked out. May this time be the most awesome love you have.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Well, here's an update on my love life.....I am back with Jason, who is the guy who put me through a lot of agony, and things between us have really turned around. He explained to me the reasons for some of his bad behavior, & I have accepted it & it is in the past. We are very happy together for the past few weeks. I am really madly in LOVE with him, so I am hoping things stay as great as they have been lately.

I really can't get too much into his private life, because I don't think it would be appropriate to discuss his issues, but I am understanding him a lot better, & we are getting along great. I am really happy. I'm just glad that we have gotten past all the problems that were in our way because we had a very strong connection since the day we met. I think things are on the right track now!!

I'm so happy for you TK. I really hope things turn out the way you want them to and that you will be very happy together.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Gef, glad to hear your son is back and best wishes for him finding a job!

Tk, this is wonderful news! I wish you much continued happiness!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks for the support guys. Always appreciated, & thanks for being there for me during tough times! Always nice to know you have friends on the Border!!!

GEF; glad your son is home & hope he finds a job soon

TLR: Hope that job interview went well. Job interviews can be very nerve wracking, especially if you really want the position or really need it...
    Let us know.

Border Troubadour

Thanks for all the best wishes guys. It was an assessment day, not just an interview. The three assessments (more like monitoring tests) went fine but I made an absolute mess of the interview; I was talking incoherent nonsense by the end of it. Should find out on Thursday or Friday. I'm quite cautious to say this beforehand in case by some miracle they know who I am on here, but I'm likely to say no even if I am offered the job - there's no guarantee of employment full-time beyond the initial period and I've worked far too hard to get to university then leave after 7 weeks on the hope that I might get the job (or similar elsewhere) on a more long-term basis.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

If you can at all stay in college TLR. I know a few people when I was there in the 80s who accepted jobs and did not finish their courses. Most of them regret that now. Similarly I know some (my own sister included) who DID stay on even after being offered good jobs when they were in 1st or 2nd year of a degree course. It would have been tempting to leave, but they are glad now that they stayed. Of course its a personal (and financial) decision and what suits one may not suit another.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I've missed a lot of updates on here so I'll just say - good wishes and thoughts for everyone and I hope everyone is doing ok.

---

Everything is going fine here. I leave for Florida Dec 8th and stay a week down there and then I go back sometime in March as well.

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

Many apologies, hugs, and prayers for all the events I believe I have missed...busy busy school year...National Honor Society induction ceremony next week (coordinating our Sr members to set up and clean up, picking up the ginormous cake, signing my name to roughly 80 cards with member pins)...all while grading, filing papers that needed to be filed last...month?

Kinda regret not getting to go to the Knoxville show but it just didn't work out for me this time (mid-week, 2 hours away, no reasonably priced tickets--when I'm pondering a possible house purchase yet, ack!)

I haven't been on this site for a while now. I've been busy trying to find a job. I was part of a 500 person massive layoff on 10/14 and I've been pounding the pavement (and computer keyboard) since then.

I've had a couple of interview but the world we live in now, you're competing against everyone and their brother for even the simplest job. I really try not to get my hopes up because every time I do, I'm disappointed by not getting a job that I'd been psyched about. I have good days and then I have low days.

I've applied for everything under the sun, you name it, I've got an application or a resume or both in there. I've learned very quickly that there are a lot of scams out there (the work-at-home field seems rife with scammers and come-ons that don't pan out to be worth half a damn.)

I'm grateful to actually get interviews but I seem to drop into a black hole after some have come and gone. I'm really trying hard to keep my spirits up.

Next week, I get to see the Eagles in Tampa but my initial excitement about going has cooled considerably due to the way my life has been going. I guess you could say that I've been really preoccupied trying to figure out how to keep my head above water. I did get severance but that ends on Dec 13th.

So, that's where I've been and why you all haven't seen me for some time.

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

Kim