Page 48 of 302 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Great news, MK! I'm sure your professional outfit helped! Hope it all works out for you!

Tomorrow is the opening day of gun deer season in Missouri. Bow season has been going for a month. My husband and son and lots of our friends are so excited! They get together on Saturday night to discuss their hunts, eat, and have a couple beers. Hubby got an 8 point buck with his bow last week. We donate most of the meat to charity.

It's also the opening of fur-bearer season (raccoons for us). My hubby has loved this sport since he was a kid, so I will be a 'coon hunter's widow for a couple months. Every night that is a good one, him and his brother will be out traipsing around in the woods chasing a hounddog, chasing a coon! I've been a few times and it's good exercise, but not really my cup of tea!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Troubadour

Sounds cool Brooke, unfortunately in the UK things like that are hugely unpopular and people who mention liking / not minding it are treated as though they're mass murderers. Not really my cup of tea but it would be quite an interesting experience to try it.

MK, I've got my fingers crossed for you! The outfit no doubt helped, but it wouldn't have been enough if you hadn't been able to present yourself well. Sounds like you did that right, too.

Brooke, hunting's not my thing, but I eat meat and I'd be a big fat hypocrite if I condemned it - especially with you donating food to charity as a result of your husband's/sons' exploits.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

MK - Best wishes and good luck.

Catching up in here~ MK sounds like you made a great impression & looked like you are serious about getting a new job! Very happy for you....
    Please let us know how it goes!

I am also working at an accounting firm which specializes in Corporate & International taxes. I had never done this before, so it was all new to me too.
    Best of luck!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

MK - good luck on Tuesday and throughout the week! I hope it all turns out for the best for you, I'll keep you in my prayers for sure. I'm sure how you dressed counted for a lot. It shows the guy you have some attention to detail and that you know how to be professional. It shows that you are serious about wanting the job.

Brooke, apparently deer season kicked off here in KY last weekend, and apparently it's a big deal here. Not as big of a deal as it is where I grew up in PA, but still pretty big.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I had an epileptic seizure this morning, which is no big deal for me because I'm used to them, but what sucks is that I scratched my face. It's just two scratches - one from the cheek to the ear and one on the side of the nose - but they're quite noticeable and I dread explaining them. They will also take a while to heal, if past experience is anything to go by.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

oh Soda...sorry to hear this...will makeup cover them?...tell people your cat went crazy...
    so glad to hear this positive news MK...keeping fingers crossed for you!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I had an epileptic seizure this morning, which is no big deal for me because I'm used to them, but what sucks is that I scratched my face. It's just two scratches - one from the cheek to the ear and one on the side of the nose - but they're quite noticeable and I dread explaining them. They will also take a while to heal, if past experience is anything to go by.

oh Soda so sorry

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Soda - I hope you are feeling better now and the scratches heal quickly. Maybe they are not as noticeable as you think. Take care!