Page 49 of 302 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I had an epileptic seizure this morning, which is no big deal for me because I'm used to them, but what sucks is that I scratched my face. It's just two scratches - one from the cheek to the ear and one on the side of the nose - but they're quite noticeable and I dread explaining them. They will also take a while to heal, if past experience is anything to go by.

Take care of yourself Soda! I worry about you being on your own when this happens. If you can get your hands on a vitamin k supplement it may speed up healing. As does citrus fruit/ juice.

Some makeup could help cover the worst of it too!

Hope you feel a lot better today.

Hugs
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Desperado The Thrill Is Never Gone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I had an epileptic seizure this morning, which is no big deal for me because I'm used to them, but what sucks is that I scratched my face. It's just two scratches - one from the cheek to the ear and one on the side of the nose - but they're quite noticeable and I dread explaining them. They will also take a while to heal, if past experience is anything to go by.
    Soda I am so sorry about your seizure. Under eye concealor works well for that. Hope you don't get them too often.

Thanks for the sympathy and suggestions, guys! Perhaps makeup will do the trick, at least to a degree.

Thrill, sometimes I'll go a year without one, sometimes I'll have two in as many months. Completely unpredictable. This has not been my best year.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado The Thrill Is Never Gone's Avatar

Soda, here is hoping that you go another year or two without one. My mom used to have them. It can be very scary. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mustangkim11 View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

The type of work I do doesn't really fit into one category, which means I've worn a lot of hats in my working life. The last job was with a mortgage lender. The mortgage business in the USA is not the place to be, due to a lot of new regulations and things of that nature.

I attended an open house last night for a local tax business. (The owner is looking to fully staff four new stores.) 45 people showed up, most of them wearing ripped clothing and looking the worse for the wear. I was dressed in a brand new outfit that I paid a lot of money for as I'd already had a job interview earlier that day.

15 people were chosen by both the owner of this business and the manager of that particular store. I was one of the fifteen. I start 'tax school' Tues night and then I go Thurs and Fri nights as well. I don't have to go Wed when the Eagles show is. (This could not have worked out better. I also have a job interview on Tues afternoon, which I am still going to go to.

I don't know if my having a great outfit helped, it might have. I had a suit jacket on and looked very conservative. Also the owner asked each one of us to stand up, tell him our names and why we were there. I told him that I lost my job and was willing to start over in a stable industry and that I wanted to see how far I could rise within his company. He must have liked that.

I'm actually kind of excited to see where this all is going to take me. When I first began to look for another job, I vowed to keep an open mind and that I was more than ready for something new and different.

I'll keep you all posted on this.
    Kim ,
    I think that that was an excellent answer to the man.,
    I also think looking professional was a plus.
    even if you don't feel it you act as if you do and dressing clean and neat is a plus.
    No matter how we feel on the inside we should always show the world our best.
    great job girl and losts of opportunities and eagles to boot.
    ok back to catching up now.

Nancy prayers and blessings for feeling better soon.
    try and take it easy the scratches will heal.

I had a Christmas bazaar at church yesterday and it was fun but long and tiring.
    went to set up on fir afternoon but the tables wee needed were two hours late lol
    just two long days for me.
    but I got to see lots of old friends and made some new ones.
    we sold things from elsalvadore for the missions and fro beads for life.
    everything went over real well.
    cant believe I gotta go back to work tomorrow.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Soda, I'm sorry to hear about your seizure. I'm sure it doesn't look as bad as you think and makeup will probably hide a lot. Prayers for fast healing and no more of those.

tt, sounds like you need some rest. Take it easy!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

TT...can't believe you had your bazaar...seems just like yesterday you had last year's!!...glad it was a success again!

thanks guys it wAS FUN!!!!
    Today I took my aunt to the nation dog show.
    they taped it yesterday with john hourly but since I was committed at church I could not go(orig date for xmas bazaar was last week but there was a confilict with another thing in the city people wanted to go to both so they changed us)
    ANyway , today was the Kennel clubs best in show so we got to see four classes of dogs. It was fun. My aunt knew every breed of dog.
    Then we walked around and saw the dogs in their holding areas and saw the purnina performance team dogs do tricks.

Just heated up some left over gluten free soup and ready for a good book and bed.
    I already packed breakfast and lunch for tomorrow..all ready to go.\

Soda, glad your OK. Hope the scratches heal quickly.
    TT glad your bazaar went well. I'm going to a Christmas craft show next Sat. It's held in a middle school, and it is huge! There are tables set up in classrooms, hallways, the gym, cafeteria, and even outside! It always puts me in a Christmas mood.
    I love dog shows. When we were single, we used to take off work and go to the Westminster Dog show at MSG every year. Now we go to an outdoor show every Memorial Day weekend.