Page 51 of 302 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Pm, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. May he rest in peace. You and your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

TT - good for little Lucas!!

PM - Hate to say it but you suddenly made my miserable day seem not-so-bad. I'm so sorry that Chuck had to go through what he went through for the last few years, and I totally understand your conflict.

Today I found out that having a few people from my company at the office every day isn't enough, we need IT people and that includes the holidays. There is only me and one other person who are in IT, and his family is in NC. It is impossible for either of us to spend Thanksgiving or Christmas with our families and be at the office the day before or the day after. This isn't what I signed up for. I've not mentioned it here before, but now I just don't care that it's an open board. I accepted this job the beginning of July and moved from interim manager to real manager on July 15. Our HR people never completed the paperwork and higher levels of management took their sweet time in signing off on the promotion, then the raise. Consequently, I have yet to see my raise. They tell me it will be the next paycheck, with retroactive pay. Which of course means when it's four months worth at once, the taxes taken out will be HUGE. Yesterday I was finally given access to the timesheets for the people that report to me.

Obviously, I don't do this job for the money. I do it for our soldiers, but to be honest, today, it's not enough. I could be working just about anywhere else making a lot more money. I picked up my life and moved it to KY in the blink of an eye, and less than half the moving costs were covered. Then the raise fiasco. Now they are telling me I can't spend the holidays with my family? Be trapped here where I know only a few people and spend the holidays alone? The stress of this job is unbelievable, and I can't even get into all the roadblocks tossed in my path several times a day. I do believe I'm now actively pursuing another job. I've had it.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

VA, that sounds terrible! I wish you had known all of this before you accepted the promotion. If they don't get you taken care of, then I agree it's time to find a better job.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

PM, I wished you & your family sympathy on FB & will do the same again here. He must have been so brave; but he's no longer in pain & at peace.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

I'm so sorry for your loss, PM. My best wishes to you and your family. Chuck is finally free from that horrible, devastating disease.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

first pm,I am so sorry for your loss of your beloved Chuck.
    The conflict you feel is a common one I am sure and part of the grieving process.
    My prayers will be for you to find peace of heart and mind and the strength of gods love to surround you. again I am so sorry .

Verna, I am so sorry that you are having a bad time. No one should be getting the runaround bad treatment that you are having to experience.
    Prayers as always.
    With your work ehic and expierence I am sure something will come your way that is better for you.
    In the meantime do you have any recourse open to you?

PM - So sorry about Chuck. May he RIP.

VA - Good luck with everything.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Hooray for Lucas! But I know how you feel TT, it's like he is not a baby anymore. Once they learn to walk, they become independent! You better get your rest before this weekend.

VA - I am so sorry to hear about the ongoing work problems. It is always the dedicated hard working employees that always seem to get taken advantage of and I could see your dedication to your work in Seattle. I will say prayers that this works out for you whether it is there at this job or somewhere else. It is just a shame that it has come to this!

I'm keeping all our other Borderers looking for jobs in my prayers too.

PM, I'm so sorry for your loss of Chuck. May he rest in peace...Sending hugs to you & prayers you & to his family.

VA: Wow sure sounds like they are really taking advantage of you. I knew you moved for this job, but to have not even gotten your raise & now to miss the holidays with your family is really just too much! I'm so sorry you have to deal with this along with all the pressures of this new job. That really stinks. Wishing you the best to deal with all of this crap!

Border Desperado The Thrill Is Never Gone's Avatar

PM, I am so sorry for your loss. He is finally free and whole once more.