Page 55 of 302 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Sounds like a great opportunity.

Thank you for the info-I will check into it after Christmas

Ya'all are the best!

Border Troubadour

Thanks for the advice Brooke, FP, TT and S-C; have decided to reject the offer though; a few too many uncertainties for my liking and I would've probably ended up losing a substantial amount of money (certainly all of my wage) on rent and paying back uni fees immediately. Will try and focus all my attention now on uni, and that does include a placement year in a couple of years' time, which is essentially the same thing for 12 months. Thanks for the advice though

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

So many decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving now, but I am sticking to my guns and waiting till after, so, today it begins! I can't handle the Black Friday shopping mess, so it's a good long weekend to get r done! First to get rid of the fall decorations though!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Lamorna View Post
    Black Friday Mess is happening here in the UK! This is the first year it's caught on and we have news reports of riots in the stores and police arresting people physically fighting each other for bargains! We don't seem to be able to handle it!
    Reminds me of when Primark on Oxford Street opened, people were literally fighting over a pair of jeans!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    So many decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving now, but I am sticking to my guns and waiting till after, so, today it begins! I can't handle the Black Friday shopping mess, so it's a good long weekend to get r done! First to get rid of the fall decorations though!
    I'm with you on this Brooke...

Border Desperado The Thrill Is Never Gone's Avatar

I agree with that completely. I never set foot in any store on Black Friday. I spend the day doing my holiday conversion. Orange and brown to red and green.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

I go w the flow.
    Usually try to be done by black Friday
    Or I spend the time going through what was bought already and start wrapping
    We have our church womans group "cut throat" pollyanna next week and work the week after
    So i spent time getting it together today
    Mall ??? Not for me

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Thanks for the advice Brooke, FP, TT and S-C; have decided to reject the offer though; a few too many uncertainties for my liking and I would've probably ended up losing a substantial amount of money (certainly all of my wage) on rent and paying back uni fees immediately. Will try and focus all my attention now on uni, and that does include a placement year in a couple of years' time, which is essentially the same thing for 12 months. Thanks for the advice though
    I've only caught up on this now and I think you have done the right thing TLR. I have seen so many people take a job over college in my time. They would say that they would finish off their degree later/at night/as a module, but then the working life took over and they never went back. Fine if you know the job would be permanent, But places close. Its good to get as many qualifications as you can. You are also used to studying. Its much harder to start over after 10 or 15 years! If financially and socially you are in a position to continue with your education, I think you are best going down that road. the job will come, and you will have a much better choice too when you have your degree wrapped up.

Good luck with it!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Tlr good luck to u

Just stopping in to catch up & say hello to everyone. Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving... Just been very busy this past week.