Page 63 of 302 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by prayfordaylight View Post
    My boss gave me a huge Christmas bonus this morning out of his own pocket.

I know I complain a lot about my job - it can often be tedious and frustrating - but I don't think I'll ever have a better boss. I'm still in shock.
    Pfd, wonderful for you! Now, I have a few things on my Christmas list that I haven't told anyone yet..........
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

wow PFD..that is awesome..for a boss to do that...he must value you very much and that must make you feel great..despite all the frustrations of the job...

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

who hoot prdl congratulations.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

I know I complain a lot about my job - it can often be tedious and frustrating - but I don't think I'll ever have a better boss. I'm still in shock.
    That's awesome, PFD.

We all have certain aspects of our jobs that we don't like. Don't feel bad about venting every now and again. It's what keeps us sane !!

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

Yay!!!!

I am now off for 5 days in a row.
    where I work we make if fair at Christmas week cause everyone wants that one off. seniority goes first , if you don't want it then it goes to the next gal in each dept . I had it last year so it put me out this year since someone with more seniority had the time and wanted it
    which is why I split my time and used two paid days this week and two paid days the week of New years.

My son called and is coming home from
    Chicago on Friday.

I just was on the phone with Kiara cause she is off the same days this week as I am and we wanna get together for an early xmas visit.
    Lukie wanted to talk on the phone and I asked him if santa was coming and he screamed YES then I said is he bringing presents and he laughed and screamed louder Yes.
    I so love that baby he just makes my heart melt.

Sorry I haven't had much time to come in here lately...

TT enjoy your days off! Always grateful for those! I am taking off day before Christmas & 2 days before New Years, so I will have a 5 day break around New Years.

Yesterday we had Christmas lunch party at Smith & Wollensky's. The food was amazing, but the guy made my drinks really strong. We got back to the office at about 3:30, but after a few minutes I was passed out on the floor in the Conference Room. The boss saw me & sent me home. Sure hope that doesn't put a damper on my raise this year! YIKES!!!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

tt, that's great that you get those days off and get to spend some of them with your son for the holidays!

Tk, on my! Take it easy at the next party!

I'm taking off Friday to prepare for my husbands family Christmas at our house this year. We are expecting around 60! We provide turkey, ham, potatoes & gravy, dressing, broccoli casserole, and drinks. Every family also brings a dish or two. It's a feast, never heard of his family ever going hungry! They are all great cooks. I'm a little nervous, but I think we are pretty much prepared. We've done all the deep cleaning and are waiting to do the basic touch up cleaning Friday.

And now we have a big ice/snow storm coming in Friday. We live in the most remote place of anyone.........
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

ellen lol never drink at the office party seoecially if its durning the day.
    ours was at night and each section picked a designated driver (techs , front desk, billing) lol and we had a blast
    laughing with you sweetie not at you

Border Troubadour

I could have gone home for Christmas this Friday lunchtime, but as I'm seeing an Eagles tribute act just up the road on Saturday night I'm having to wait until Sunday afternoon. A few of my flatmates have gone this evening, and the rest of them go by the time I'll probably even be up on Saturday. I've got no work to do and I can't go into town as it will be wedged solid with last-minute shoppers on Friday / Saturday, so I'm in for a very odd, lonely, quiet couple of days. Yay!