Page 9 of 302 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

va congrats and happy trails with the truck.
    Its so you.

ww-prayers and positive energy to you.

try and stay posititve.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    I'm currently sitting at home in pain, having just had a subtular fusion 2 days ago. I can't walk for 2 months, and the boredom is already starting to get to me. Not to mention the fact that I'm having a hard time moving around easily because I'm overweight, so that adds more fun to the mix. I've decided to have the bariatric surgery, and I'm going to get started on my diet as soon as I feel better and am able to travel to the doctor. I just want to cry. I feel so helpless.
    You poor thing!! My only advice is that you stay ahead of the pain. Don't wait till it's a "10" to take medication. Nip it in the bud at a "4" on the pain-level scale and your recovery will be easier.

It'll take some creative thinking, but you can use the two months to your benefit once you're out of post-surgical pain.
    I'd download every book I never seem to have time to read, learn a few new computer programs, get my Christmas shopping done online, teach myself guitar -- things like that.

Hang in there, WW. You'll be up and around on crutches soon and before you know it you'll be dancing in the aisle at MSG in November!!!

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Thanks, guys !!

It's easy to get down on yourself and have less than a fantastic outlook on life, but I'm trying very hard to remain positive, and looking forward to the day I can walk pain free !!

As far as the bariatric surgery goes, I'm definitely going to wait a while. I have to observe a medically supervised diet for 6 months, and I'm going to get started on it while I'm home. I have heard positive things about the sleeve, so I think that's the way to go. I've had very few medical issues, and I'd like to keep it that way !!

I have several books to read, and plenty of movies and TV to watch. In fact, HOTE sounds pretty good right now !!

WW, my heart goes out to you. If it's any consolation, because it always is to me, just look at your avatar. I've mentioned to you before how much I like it. I'd even go as far as to say that it is one of my favorite avatars to look at here. I always feel like Don is leaning forward to give me some really good advice. So maybe he will help you too. Just lean in and listen...

Soda, it's too bad that there is no place closer to your job that suits your style of living. I get it that you enjoy being in a city that offers the things you mentioned. I can imagine it would be Dullsville for you to live in a very small town, not to mention that you want to be close to an airport. I just hope that you can find a balance that makes you happy.

VA, your truck sure is purty! I'm going to use the ol' 'I've had a bad week at work' in the near future with Hubby and see if it gets me a new bathroom!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

WW

We will help come up with creative ways to pass the time!

I hope everyone has a great week.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    WW, my heart goes out to you. If it's any consolation, because it always is to me, just look at your avatar. I've mentioned to you before how much I like it. I'd even go as far as to say that it is one of my favorite avatars to look at here. I always feel like Don is leaning forward to give me some really good advice. So maybe he will help you too. Just lean in and listen...

Soda, it's too bad that there is no place closer to your job that suits your style of living. I get it that you enjoy being in a city that offers the things you mentioned. I can imagine it would be Dullsville for you to live in a very small town, not to mention that you want to be close to an airport. I just hope that you can find a balance that makes you happy.

VA, your truck sure is purty! I'm going to use the ol' 'I've had a bad week at work' in the near future with Hubby and see if it gets me a new bathroom!
    Pm too funny have to rember that one

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Hey everyone! I'm trying my best to catch up around here, but not doing very well! Work is crazy and hopefully after this week things will get a little closer to normal. We have put in a new meter reading system and learning how to do everything plus mistakes by the meter company is keeping us all a little frazzled! This week my co worker is off on vacation, so I'm going to be even more swamped. So if you don't see me much you all know why! I told her she would probably find me sitting in a corner pounding my head against the wall when she comes back next week!

Troub, hope all goes well with your new job and new home! I'm also sorry to hear about your Grandma. I'm sure it's a terrible thing to go through. Thoughts and prayers for you and the family.

VA, love the new truck! Enjoy!

Soda, hope you figure out where you can live with the most benefits. I was afraid you wouldn't like that commute!

WW, hang in there and feel better soon!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Take care of yourself Brooke!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Thinking of you and sending warm wishes, WW.

I've just got off the phone to my mum. I knew something was wrong; she didn't sound good at all. My grandparents aren't doing well and they had a couple of incidents this week that were heartbreaking for my mum to witness. It is not just my grandma, it's my grandad too. It really feels like we are losing them... like who they used to be is slipping away. It is so horrible and I never expected it to get to this level so quickly. I just want to hang onto them. I am worried about my mum too, as things progress and she tries to balance looking after them with full-time work. She has no husband or partner to support her, and I feel like she could really do with the support right now, and in the months ahead. The hard thing is, I know it's only going to get worse.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

It's heartbreaking, Troub. Unfortunately, there are no easy answers or quick fixes. People always recognize that there are physical limitations that come with aging, but don't always consider dementia and it's associated complications. Remind you mom that she needs to take care of herself first and foremost! I'll keep you all in my prayers.