View Poll Results: Would you prefer to see/hear your favorite Eagle solo or with the band?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Solo

9 30.00%
  • With the band

21 70.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eagles: Solo vs. Band

Default Eagles: Solo vs. Band

It seems as if now more so than ever before, Borderers have sectioned off into groups that represent a favorite band member, so my question is this: All things being equal, would you rather see/hear your favorite Eagle solo or with the band?

This is meant to be fun. There is no right or wrong answer! You can vote above!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Default Re: Eagles: Solo vs. Band

Both!

Honestly though, it depends on the song, strangely enough... I'd prefer to hear Lifes Been Good with the band, it's better for me. But songs like Rocky Mountain Way or Boys Of Summer, etc I'd probably prefer solo. LBG is the exception to the rule, I want to hear it with the band.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

It's hard to say. They both have their virtues. I, for one, am not so focused on a favorite that I scorn the notion of seeing him share the limelight with bandmates and begrudge any moment where he is not front and center. The Eagles have such a strong song catalog and impeccable harmonies that they give a powerhouse show from beginning to end, and it's twice the length of a solo show. That said, I love the intimacy of a solo performance and hearing those great solo songs that you'd never hear with the Eagles.

I therefore choose a third option: "It depends."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow, PM. You sure are taxing my brain on this nice, sunny Saturday afternoon. Since I am, first and foremost, an Eagles fan, I am going to have to vote that I'd rather see the entire band. I guess, more is always better for me in this case.

HOWEVER ... having said that, I have to say that I immensely enjoy seeing each of the guys solo as well - they are all so wonderful in their own unique ways. You get special moments and a glimpse of their personality that you never get to experience in an Eagles show. Honestly, as odd as it may seem, one of my very favorite solo experiences was at The Roxy when I saw Glenn perform with his son, Deacon. Even though it was only a 5-song set, it was such a unique, personal, and intimate experience. I will always be thankful that I was fortunate enough to see it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I don't know!!!! I love love love the Eagles and two years ago this would have been a no-brainer, Eagles all the way. Then After Hours came out and there is no way to hear that amazing music with the Eagles, only Glenn as a solo act. My first answer is I'll take any of them however I can get them. The rest...I just don't know, I'll need to think about it.

I've been listening to a lot of the Eagles because that's the tour that's happening, but this was such an awful week at work that a glass of red and a listen to AH was necessary last night. So today my answer is probably Glenn solo. Tomorrow I might say the Eagles. Who knows?

ETA: Also, I have DVDs and even HOTE to give me a visual Eagles fix. Nothing recent from Mr. Frey, so it makes me lean in the direction of solo.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Undecided. I will take my
    "Fix" anyway I can get it
    I have enjoyed the eagles band and each one solo

Stuck on the Border

The answer for me at the moment is solo. As VA said, I have DVDs & Blu Rays of the Eagles but no visual record of the remarkable solo shows I have seen since 2011.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Looks as if I might be the odd one here (imagine that) but I don't even have to think about it- the whole group all the way.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I was waiting for another Tim fan to post first. Agree with TBF - my favorite is Tim on stage with the Eagles. When he sings on TIE his voice sounds awesome - I wish he had at least one rockin' song to sing lead on, one in a lower key that is not so hard to sing, and more songs in general, but I still prefer him with the band. I love it when he is singing and Don and Glenn are backing him. I love seeing him play HC and all of the hits.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

For me, given the choice. It's definitely Glenn solo. I loved the intimacy of the smaller venues when I saw him solo, and I think what he says is far less scripted than when he is with the Eagles. I also love hearing songs that I know I have never heard live before or possibly ever will again.

Don't get me wrong, I love going to see the Eagles too, they put on a fabulous show and are second to none but just Glenn does it for me.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP