View Poll Results: Would you prefer to see/hear your favorite Eagle solo or with the band?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Solo

9 30.00%
  • With the band

21 70.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eagles: Solo vs. Band

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Eagles: Solo vs. Band

Wow - I have to admit, I'm pretty surprised at how close this poll is so far. I honestly thought the overwhelming majority of folks would prefer seeing the band, but that's definitely not the case so far.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Honestly, I would love to see the whole band play together!!!! They are super amazing together and have their own unique talents for sure. LOL then again, I really want to see them perform solo!!! But I vote for seeing the whole band

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I had to vote for seeing the Eagles band because it's just always been that way! I've loved the band since the beginning and didn't know who they were individually for a long time so.....I do love each one on their own, but if I had to choose it would be to see the band.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado RebeccaLovesEagles's Avatar

I voted for band but I like seeing them solo too. I've got to see Don F twice and Timothy once. They were both great. It was nice to see Timothy get to sing lead on all the songs My problem is I still haven't got to see Glenn, Joe, or Don H solo; I love to see both but especially Don who I loved solo long before I discovered the Eagles but I hadn't started doing concerts yet . I agree with you guys the smaller venues re a great part of solo concerts, I loved being with 5 feet of Timothy and Don Felder.

You know you have some delicious bugs here about on the Mississippi... Extra Protein thank you very much!!!!-Don Henley- At the St. Louis, MO concert June 2010.

At the moment I would prefer seeing the whole band ... still waiting for an Italian date of the HOTE Tour ...

"Come on baby, don't say maybe ... I gotta know if your sweet love is gonna save me ..." (Take it easy)

Definitely the whole band for me. I've seen Don solo and loved the shows, but, for me anyway, there is nothing like seeing them all on one stage singing and playing together.

I just realized that I never voted! Lol!

For me there is no question. I would much rather see the Eagles than a solo show. Now granted, that's pretty easy for me to say at this point. I've only seen Joe and Timothy solo, so I have yet to see Glenn or Don. But I cannot imagine wanting to see one of them more than all of them. I just can't.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Out on the Border outontheborder's Avatar

I have to go for the whole band too. Although their solo stuff is great, it's all of the Eagles stuff that made me love them.

And it would also be an awesome experience!

Banned

There was this Eagles concert to be held in Albuquerque in late October 1976 that I had to go see with a friend. We caught the last flight to New Mexico from Omaha on a 10 seater commuter flight. We barely made it to the plane running from the gate exit across the tarmac to the plane (could do that back then). After about 20 min. in the air the Pilot looks at the co-pilot and said 'I think we have enough fuel to fly around the thunderstorm and make a landing in Santa Fe.'
    We missed the concert.
    About a week later I saw them in Houston @ the old Summit civic center-this is the concert people mistakenly confuse with another concert held in Houston summer1977.
    http://rockinhouston.com/venues/summit-/58/
    click: Performers
    click: Eagles http://rockinhouston.com/performers/eagles/287/
    Scroll down to 1976

Well that's when I saw Meisner do Take It To The Limit, the version posted on youtube. I'm still not over it. After Meisner went solo I knew he had the stuff.
    Last edited by moonlight74; 10-30-2013 at 01:38 PM.

I'm glad we have someone who was there confirming that the Houston filmed concert occurred in 1976. I've always dated it that way as have many other traders, but we often get people "correcting" us and insisting it was 1977.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten