Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Like Chris Mosterd; from Holland

wauw, Thank you for all the nice reactions on my introducing. Actually I forgot about this topic, cause from all the other topics I get an e-mail, but not from this one. Thought nobody was reacting on it. haha, nice to see differend.

Sodascouts, I'm going to read the article a.s.a.p. and ofcourse will try to translate. Any other articles, send them over to me, see what I can do. My daughter has just started a pre-university education (wauw, sounds even better in English, she's only 13 so she's got a long way ahead) but she needs these hugh dictionary's for English. Right now, I'm the one who uses them mostly. (At least one does )
    But I have to say, next Tuesday were going on our holiday trip for 2 weeks. Going to Belgium, just below Holland.

Mrs. Frey Hoe gaat het met jou? See how far we come?
    For me its always nice to read African text, really amusing to duch folks.
    It's so long ago that South Africa had to deal with Duch people invading (I'm not proud of that background) that the language develloped on it's own. So lots of things I can read, but not everything. Besides its mixed with English too, (they didn't do a great job their, either)
    Makes me smile when I buy a bottle of champagne-like South African wine. It's called 'sprankel wijn'. Sparkling wine in English, in duch we have a differend way of saying that. A real made up name, like champagne. What does dat mean, anyway....Champagne. But sparkling wine, thats nice. And it's so true isn't it?
    In my vision, it sounds like your drinking a bottle with stars.

Didn't know Chris played with Glenn before, had not heard of him at all before this, but he must be living nearby, about less than an hour drive.
    That's not strange in this country, from east border until west coast it's about 3 hours drive (less, as the crow flies, ha that said my dictionary, learning all the time) From north coast (where Chris M. lives) til the south border about 4 hours. Just for your information.

Thanks for your sweet reactions, again.
    Got to fly now, actual miles has come to it's end, and so is my post. Has been long enough anyway.
    Maybe I'll be around before I leave for holliday, and otherwise, see you in a couple of weeks.

Ida
    "You haven't lived till you've stood in the refrigerated section, staring at the frozen peas, listening to the Muzak version of Desperado coming over. That's when you know you've made it. "

Have a safe and fun trip!
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

thanks Holly.
    And thanks for your PM.

I'll let you know about the storytellers series.
    "You haven't lived till you've stood in the refrigerated section, staring at the frozen peas, listening to the Muzak version of Desperado coming over. That's when you know you've made it. "

You're welcome!
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?