HC

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAsEYGZhjFU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDVqZCQFSXs[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTvKzdNQqy4[/ame]
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Madison Square Garden NYC - Nov 11th

Thanks Austin! Can't wait to hear whet HH and Dreamer have to say!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

We just put Dreamer on the train for her LONG ride home. Thank you, ladies for a great weekend. It's much more fun to share the experience of a concert with you. When can we do it again???

So. Last night's show. Awesome concert. Horrible crowd. I was truly embarrassed to call myself a New Yorker. I have been to a lot of shows, but I've never seen a more obnoxious, inattentive and rude audience. Seriously. To the two dickheads in the front row who waved and screamed Joe's name all night -- he heard you the first time. We all heard you the first time. Grow up.

To the mountain of a man who was as wide a barn standing in front of me and Dreamer -- try eating a salad. Thank you for holding up your big beefy arms blocking Dreamer's view. It wasn't necessary. Your fat ass did that well enough. I thought your chair was gonna bust. Did you catch what Joe was singing into the talk box? Take the hint.

OK. Rant over. I feel much better now. We didn't let the negativity ruin the show for us. We had third row center and it was a fabulous show. The Long Run and Funk 49 were my favs, but Tequila Sunrise always gets me. Dreamer will post a more detailed rundown of the setlist, I'm sure. I get such a kick out of watching Timothy's face when he "calls out" the crowd. He'll say hello to each section, they bring the house lights up and the crowd goes crazy. His face just lights up.

Again, thanks to Dreamer, VA, GA, Desperada, Zelda and LP. NYC fan too, though we didn't have much chance to chat. As usual, it's the company you keep that makes the experience so much more fun.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

HH, you're so funny! Glad you managed to have a good time in spite of ....everything!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    To the two dickheads in the front row who waved and screamed Joe's name all night -- he heard you the first time. We all heard you the first time. Grow up.
    I hate people who do that. I was at a different artist's show a few months ago when someone called out the same song title every 3 minutes. He got shut down by the artist saying "I haven't played that song since the 80s for a reason."
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

I was excited when two of my customers today told me that they were at the show last night!
    I wasn't sadly but they told me there were 4 encores! lucky ducks! Saturday night we only got 2...and I believe Friday's setlist was the same as Saturday's...

looking forward to Dreamer's rundown of the setlist!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    So. Last night's show. Awesome concert. Horrible crowd. I was truly embarrassed to call myself a New Yorker. I have been to a lot of shows, but I've never seen a more obnoxious, inattentive and rude audience. Seriously. To the two dickheads in the front row who waved and screamed Joe's name all night -- he heard you the first time. We all heard you the first time. Grow up.

Lucky me was next to those 2 guys. I told them to shut up at one point and right after that is when Glenn gave his little speech to them about talking and how the band can hear what they're saying during the quiet songs. They were a little better for a while until Joe's songs in the second set.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

First of all, I'm still traveling home and have very sporadic internet connection, I am going to be brief. I won't have time to post much when I get home tonight, so I'll post when I can - honestly though, it probably won't be a song-by-song account cause I've got a busy week ahead of me.

But anyway, it was a great weekend spending time with fellow Borderers and seeing the shows. They were awesome as usual, but I have to agree that the crowd was pretty sucky during a lot of last nights show. You know things are bad when even Joe started reprimanding those guys. Jeez!

Will gather my thoughts and write more later!

P.S. HH and Mr. HH were very sad when their last guest left today, I felt so bad for them, I almost decided to stay through the weekend.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by klmeps View Post
    Lucky me was next to those 2 guys. I told them to shut up at one point and right after that is when Glenn gave his little speech to them about talking and how the band can hear what they're saying during the quiet songs. They were a little better for a while until Joe's songs in the second set.
    I think Glenn scolded someone for texting on saturday night...very briefly...I would love to hear what Glenn said to these 2 guys...I wonder if anyone got it on video. did he come over to them and say it? or said it into the mic?

wow if the crowd was that bad...I'm surprised they did extra encores! but I guess the show must go on and you can't punish everyone because some are misbehaving