Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Key Arena, Seattle - 09/04/13

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Key Arena, Seattle - 09/04/13

VIP party – food was good. It was a cash bar, no free drinks. Myself (VA) didn’t like that one bit but after thinking about it, it occurred to me that the crowd in the first few rows wasn’t all drunk and disorderly for a change, so it might be a good thing.

The vocals were perfect and they interacted a lot with each other and with the audience. There were lots of smiles and grins. It was a fantastic concert from start to finish in every way. I really don’t see how they could ever top it.

Don wore The Usual. His hair was more natural colored (more gray) and looked nice. Glenn wore a black tee and dark blue overshirt with blue jeans. Of course his hair was perfect, with the spiky look in the front. Bernie wore a black tee and we think he wore black pants. No ‘product’ in his hair. Timothy wore a black tee, and looked like he’d put on a little weight, looked really healthy. Joe wore the ‘pleather’ pants, a tee shirt and overshirt, and the most interesting shoes imaginable. They were multi-colored, metallic, and had both zippers and laces. After the intermission, Glenn wore a white tee and a white and blue plaid shirt. Timothy wore an overshirt after the intermission. Joe wore a tee that said “Hendrix.”

During RMW, Bernie came over and waved a towel at Joe’s guitar like he was trying to cool it down. It was a cute moment. As he walked back, Glenn mouthed, “That was really funny.”

Glenn brought out the Detroit/Mother joke and it did get laughter. It was the only old joke he made.

HB noticed that during the song where on the screen Joe is dressed in a Godzilla suit, Glenn turned around and watched and then looked over towards Joe and Steuart and mouthed, “That’s still funny.”

At one point, we can’t remember which song, Joe went over to Timothy and they were playing together and both did a ‘disco-Travolta-like’ pose with the left hands in the air and finger pointing up. Then as Joe walked back over to his spot, as he passed Glenn, Glenn said, “That was really funny.” Then Glenn struck a similar pose. We’ve decided that Glenn was easily amused last night!

During the introductions, Glenn danced after introducing nearly everyone, and then especially when he was introduced. He was in a great mood, and we loved it!

Don smiled a lot during the entire evening, the adorable smile that we all love to see.

Timothy got a lot of applause again, during intros and after the songs he sang. He sounded even better than back in July.

Joe was Joe, which is always a good thing. He was in a great mood and of course put the show on his shoulders and took us all to a different level.

All in all, it was an amazing show. I’ve seen a lot of great shows with our guys, but all three of us have determined it was the best show we’ve seen. The great moods and smiles on top of the perfect vocals and playing made for a wonderful show. Aged to perfection like the best wines, the music is always incredible, so the interactions between them and with the audience, and the audience themselves make the difference.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Thank you, VA! Good to know those in the front rows weren't sloshed haha.

Are we calling Don's shirt "The Usual" now? It has a name! Hilarious.

Timothy...black...t-shirt...going to bed with that image...

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

thanks Va great review.
    sounds like a wonderful magical evening.
    hope the adventures were fun too(space needle , boat riede,,etc)

I like what mary said about DOn and his shirt...
    lolglad timmy looks like he put on alittle weight...,

sounds just magical

tt

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Thanks TT for getting that review up quickly. Austin for getting those videos so fast, even on vacation--but it looks like the video Nazis have already gotten to the HC ones, and VA for getting back on and giving us the lowdown.

Timothy gained a bit of weight---some of the best news I've heard regarding the Eagles for awhile. So glad!!

As for Glenn's great mood--- I don't know where everyone was sitting last night BUT could it be because he saw his FAVORITE fans sitting in the audience again and it put him in that great mood? I believe that could have something to do with it!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Thanks for the review VA. Sounds like a fantastic show, and I love hearing all the details about their interactions

So good to hear they are so loose and having a great time. Happy for everyone who gets to see them on this tour. We are very lucky that they are still out there performing at such a high level.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    As for Glenn's great mood--- I don't know where everyone was sitting last night BUT could it be because he saw his FAVORITE fans sitting in the audience again and it put him in that great mood? I believe that could have something to do with it!!
    HaHa, yes I'm sure seeing us is what did it! We were front and center, right on the center aisle, towards Joe's side. HB was in the second row and down the row a few seats.

NYC - the high level at which they still perform is very high indeed. I swear they keep getting better.

Some additional things I thought of, Don's performance of Desperado was fantastic. Maybe being in the front row just allows me to appreciate the passion he puts into it a little more. I will say that hearing and seeing it live far, far surpasses the recorded version whether it's Don or Glenn singing it live.

NKIT and OOTN were the highlights of the evening for me again. My two favorite Eagles songs and I'm the happiest fan in the world that they are both in the set list.

DD/D Reprise - it was my perception that those around me, at least, weren't familiar with the song, but it felt like everyone appreciated their performance of it. It's arranged perfectly, and it's a fantastic little song. They perform it well, that's for sure.

I did take note, the seats on the side, the front seats all had a good view of the stage with no blocked views like there were in Pittsburgh.

I did have my camera with me here in Seattle, but it didn't make it to the arena. This tour is just too fantastic to have a camera between me and the stage. They did allow pictures, though.

I'm looking forward to Indy to try and offset the PEW that's already set in.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Thanks for the great review VA. Glad you had a great time!!
    Austin, I knew you would pull through for us. Thanks for posting the videos.
    Yes, too bad HC audio has already been muted....When are they gonna get over that?

Sorry about the muting - at the time of posting they were working for me. It sounded awesome.

I agree with Brooke - Oct 24 can't get here soon enough.

So funny about Bernie and the towel. Sounds like they all were in good spirits, though. Awesome to hear that. Shame Randy couldn't be on the tour.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Sounds like yet another wonderful show. I'm so glad Glenn was in good form and that he wore the blue shirt. I saw a pic of him on the review which I got this morning on a google alert and it looks stunning on him. I hope he wears it again at least once in New York.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks again everyone for all of the info about the show. It sounds like it was awesome and I love it that our guys are still at the top of their game!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016